About Jewel of the seas?

putte

Hello

Can someone please tell me what they think about the Radiance Class. How is these ships different from the rest of Royal Caribbeans fleet?

I will go on my first trip this summer with Jewel of the seas and I would like to know how she is doing in high sea. What do you think about the her or her sisters.

A good looking lady! http://www.shipimage.com/?page_id=150&pid=527#picture_nav

We have sailed all four of the Radiance class ships and love them all. They are so beautiful. We like the layout of the ship and it seems to be the right size for us. Not too big, easy to get around on and it really never seems crowded.

I'm sure you will love The Jewel.

Denice

The Jewel is a beautiful ship. It's not as big as the voyager class, but it certainly doesn't lack things to do. Granted it doesn't have the ice skating but there are plenty of other activities. We seemed to have run into some of the same people and we ended up making some really good friends.

[url=http://www.*****/cd/vc/][img=http://www.*****/cd/The_Caribbean/200710280500_5.gif][/url]
*********************************************all_inclusive_resorts/reef_club.html]Reef Club Resorts - Mexico[/url]

I didn't find it to be THAT much smaller than Voyager class! It is a beautiful ship--the only real difference is the lack of the promenade, (which I don't spend much time in!) and the ice-show! Other than that, it's basically the same! Yes--lot's of glass, but unless you spend tons of time inside, you won't notice that difference, either! I did prefer the outside Solarium pool on the Voyager class ships--I don't like it that they keep the roof closed on Radiance class--no tan while you're at the "adult" pool!

I didn't find it to be THAT much smaller than Voyager class! It is a beautiful ship--the only real difference is the lack of the promenade, (which I don't spend much time in!) and the ice-show! Other than that, it's basically the same! Yes--lot's of glass, but unless you spend tons of time inside, you won't notice that difference, either! I did prefer the outside Solarium pool on the Voyager class ships--I don't like it that they keep the roof closed on Radiance class--no tan while you're at the "adult" pool!

The problem that I have with the design of the Voyager class ships is that it tends to draw passengers inside and provides them with very few views of the ocean. It is all too easy to forget that you are at sea and on a cruise ship. Anyone who thinks that the glass roof of the Radiance solariums will keep them from getting a tan needs a refresher course on UV rays. Closed roof or open your exposure to the sun's rays isn't significantly different. Tastes will differ but in cool weather or on extremely hot days, most people will opt for the temperature controlled solariums of the Radiance class ships. Now that Voyager class itineraries are expanding beyond the Caribbean, the lack of a retractable roof on those ships will limit passengers' ability to use the pool when the weather is less than ideal. On a NJ to Caribbean cruise during the winter this could reduce use of the solarium by three or four days.:(

We just got off the Jewel and loved the ship. Prior to this cruise, we had sailed on the Mariner and the Adventure...both Voyager class ships. There is no doubt that the Jewel had a more "upscale" feeling as it is much prettier than the Voyager class and you certainly see water more often on the Jewel.

My only complaint, if you want to call it that, is that the Jewel felt more crowded. the passage area into the dining room was much smaller, there was only one entrance back onto the ship from port, the pool seemed more crowded...etc It was not enough to ruin the trip by any means and I really liked the Jewel a lot, but it was definitely more cramped in certain places.

I would not avoid going on the Jewel again, but if the itinerarries were the same and the dates worked for both ships, I'd choose the larger ship. I do agree that you feel more "at sea" though on the Radience class and that is nice as well.

The bottom line is, I am glad we did the Jewel and would do it again in a heartbeat...Either way, you will have a great time and love the trip!!! have a great time.

Given a choice between the Radiance class ships...is there a difference..

I was looking into either Jewel or Radiance for a 8 night...very similar itenerary... except one stops at Tortola and the other Antigua...

The Jewel is beautiful...yes you can see the sea from wherever you are.

The solarium is lovely - an oasis for sure. I loved that it was covered. It kept out the noise from the pool deck. Don't get me wrong I love the music and noise at the pool - that's what cruising is all about. But it is nice to be able to get away from it all. They have music and nature sounds in the solarium. Also - don't know why but that's where the pizza and sandwiches are made. They serve crepes there as well.

I loved the Jewel!

There are minor differences between the Jewel and the Radiance. The Radiance is the oldest ship in the class, while Jewel is the newest. Radiance has shower curtains in the regular staterooms, while Jewel has shower doors. Jewel serves crepes in the Solarium, which none of the other Radiance class ships do.

Archived