newbie with a million questions?????

cradawg

i have read a ton of threads throughout this forum, and i seem to get a little more nervous as i try and select my cruise. this is only my third cruise, but it is for my honeymoon so i want it to be really neat. i would like to get a nice room with a balcony that is covered. i've read where some rooms have jacuzzi's in them??? i guess i have been trying to pick ships/cruise destinations by the type of room i would be able to get. if any of you long time cruisers could steer me in the right direction of good room with a balcony on a good ship that impressed you i sure would appreciate it!

thanks in advance

Hi cradawg - Welcome. It's my understanding that the only staterooms with jacuzzi's are full suites. We've sailed on the Sun and Dawn Princess and had regular balcony staterooms which are very nice - lots of storage, very comfortable and the balconies are very nice. We took a millenium cruise on the Sun Princess and stayed in R351 - I'm not sure of the category. This was a balcony stateroom on the Riviera deck, just off the elevator/staircase and entrance to the Riviera pool. It was very quiet - no noise and extremely convenient. When we sail on the Sun or the Dawn again we will definitely try to get this stateroom again. You can also try minisuites which are larger than balcony rooms. They have more room, and include a tub (not jacuzzi) but only the full suites come with all the suite amenities. A good place to check out staterooms is http://www.cruiseclues.com They have information on all the ships and show diagrams of the staterooms. Good luck!

Hi There !

Just to let you know we were on the Grand at New Years. We had the best mini-suite with a very private balcony. We were on the Emerald deck Rm # 729. it is at the very end of the ship with a fully covered balcony that wraps around the end of the ship. Big enough for 2 loungers and a side table And a table and 4 chairs. We loved it so much we booked the the same Rm. on the Star Princess for this New Years.

Hope this helps,

Joanne

You can look at Category 11 on the Carnival ships. (miracle is the newer ship, Legend and Spirit) These are located aft.. they have huge wrap around balconies that go around the back and up the sides. These are suites and have the required juccuzzi.

http://community.webshots.com/photo/128390509/128472624DhMmWj

But something I have noticed on cruise ships is the hot tubs located in gym/spa areas are hardly ever used by people. (do people not know they are there or they see excerize equipment and remember how much they are eating)

I am sure that anywhere you pick on a cruise ship for a honeymoon will be most memorable. Good luck,.

Archived