Has any one done the Seven Mile Beach Break Excursion?

What resort does this excursion include? I was told it was the Beach Club Colony Resort.

The only reason we are considering paying for this excursion is because our group wants to rent chairs.

Are there any other resorts on Seven Mile Beach that rent chairs that you would recommend over this excursion? I'm told it is hard to find chairs on Seven Mile Beach.

I recommend doing this excursion on your own. The fee that they charge for the excursion will usually include a beverage and a lounge chair, but you can go to the same area of the beach, or other areas, and pay for a chair and umbrella for about the same amount that the ship will charge. In both instances you have to arrange and pay for transportation to and from the beach. Remember that the beach is public and public access has to be provided to anyone who wants to use the beach. The hotels may restrict access to their facilities but the beach is for everyone.:)

I have been on many RCI excursions and this is the only one that I felt was a rip off. I would not recommend it. I felt the lunch wasn't good (kinda dry hamburgers, hotdogs, ribs, salad...nothing special at all). Transportation is not included in the price. To get an umbrella, you had to give them a deposit and they give you a ticket. You have to turn in that ticket at the end of your stay to get your money back (so if you lose the little ticket, you were out the $5). It just wasn't worth it. Either do it on your own or find a different excursion.

If you want to go to the beach and rent chairs, you don't have to do this on an excursion! Just grab a cab or bus at the dock, and go!! Chairs and umbrellas are available at all public beaches, along with food and drink. There are also waverunners, bananaboat rides, etc... all up and down the beach--so you don't need to do this through the ship!

I don't know if it's the same in all locations on that beach, but when we were there, it was not exactly paradise. The chairs are in long lines, rows upon rows and are packed right next to each other. It was more like a zillion hot dogs on a grill than a relaxing beach experience.

Jan

Was there last week. Cabs were $4pp to go to a close location and $5pp to go to a further location. We chose the further. They dropped us at a place that had a little bar/restaurant deally ($23 for 3 cokes & 2 drafts!). Pretty good snorkeling as the reef (mostly dead) comes right up to the beach... so I'd also recommend water shoes.

No nudity.... perhaps the OP was concerned that the old folks may want to be nudists :eek: :eek:

The beach break w lunch, it was okay but I would not do it again. Im not overly impressed with Seven Mile beach anyway, been a few times just to make sure and I have been to much better. I liked the lunch okay, it was pretty good the day we went, the free drink is a rum punch thing and they are rude about it when you go to the bar to get it. I was going to tip the bar tender but when he practically slammed the drink in front of me without so much as a word and turned his back I changed my mind. I did let him know he just ruded (maybe not a word) himself out of a tip. The tent they do the lunch in has horrible seating, the chairs are right on the sand and when you sit they sink, and look out if you end up on a slight slope! Yep almost fell over.. LOL

Im pretty easy going and enjoyed it for the most part, but would not spend the money again.

I would rather stay on the ship, have a drink, eat lunch in the Windjammer, lay by the pool and relax.

Archived