How does the water taste?

judester

Can't say for the ships you asked, but for any ship, the only taste in the water should come from the pipes since the water is distilled onboard the ship from sea water. So, technically, it's probably just as pure if not more so than store bought bottled water.

I seem to recall the water (out of the faucet in the cabin) had an "off" taste(overly chlorinated)... not something you would want to drink much of... beyond brushing your teeth or taking a pill.... that is my most recent memory (Sensation).. but I can't speak for other ships...

The water served in the dining room seemed ok (NO taste or odor)...

Tom

How is the water on the Victory? Just wondering if I should pack some poland spring bottles.

Probably better than at home.

I drink water in the dining room with each meal, and it always tastes very good. I'm a bit particular about the taste of water. At home, I only drink bottled water because I can't stand the taste of the water. Never had any complaints about the water on the ship.

Been on Sensation, Fantasy, Pride and Paradise. I thought the water tasted the same on all the ships. I think it tastes funny, but I'm used to our water here at home.

I cant remember what cruise show it was on the Travel Channel, but I heard that the ship's water is purer than any city's tap water.

First off most water is actually taken on in port to save money although it is treated further once onboard. The ships also have the capacity to make all the water they need from sea water using a "reverse-osmosis" process.

There is definitely more clorine in the water than on shore, and I find it has an almost sweet taste (which may be due to ozonation or ultra-violet treatment) The Breta is a good suggestion, if you go to your local camping store they have filters that are smaller to pack. In the dining room I always ask for lemon on the first night and generally it appears nightly after that without asking (if your busboy is good)

I have a problem with drinking water because it tastes "off" most of the time. I put a little sugar (or one of the diet sugars) in it to cover up the taste. It works great!

I'm a big water drinker and this was a concern. Plus, I didn't want to spend a fortune on bottled water. We sailed the Triumph in March 2003 and found the water on lido to be absolutely fine. We have a well at home, so we're pretty fussy about water that has chlorine, additives, etc., For us, there was no problem and we saved a ton of $$ not purchasing bottled water. We did purchase some throughout the week when we were going on the islands but nothing like it could have been.

The water on board is also the same water that the crew lives with. And it is the same water that is used for all the food and beverage preparation, as well as for all the ice in the drinks!!!!

We ended up buying a couple of bottled waters for tours, and since the water on the ship was so good, we ended up re-filling them. Wasnt trying to be 'cheap', we just didnt see or taste anything wrong with the water......

Archived