Jewel/pearl

larryvel

Over the holidays I was on the Jewel in a Courtyard Villa. I was booking for May to Alaska on the Pearl and was told by the agent that the two ships were identical. Has anyone been on both ships and are they identical? Do you think that it would be worth my time (and money) to do an identical ship with only different ports?

We were in an A3 on the Jewel for the Transatlantic in October. We will be in an AA next week on the Pearl. The big difference will be the concierege lounge will now be 2 cabins A2 (owners suites). I don't think being on a like-ship will be a strain. I personally like the idea of them being almost identical. Makes it easier to find my way around. Have a great cruise, whatever you do.

I have been on the jewel but not on the pearl, I think the difference between both is that the Pearl has a bowling alley and a rock climbing that the Jewel does not have.

If you enjoy bowling and rock climbing then you should stick to the Pearl, plus is a newer ship..

Over the holidays I was on the Jewel in a Courtyard Villa. I was booking for May to Alaska on the Pearl and was told by the agent that the two ships were identical. Has anyone been on both ships and are they identical? Do you think that it would be worth my time (and money) to do an identical ship with only different ports?

It may depend on if the ship/ports are your destination.

The ship is my primary destination.

As stated in previous posts, the ships are NOT identical.

You may want to decide by price if bowling alleys/rock climbing walls do not matter to you.

Good luck with your decision:)

Archived