Internet Agencies - Same Database?

I've just been doing some research for a young friend planning her honeymoon cruise in June 2005 and was getting prices at various internet sites. I'm not very computer savvy, but it sure looks to me that after I've typed in the info about the cruise, I'm directed to the same database (not sure if that's the word) every time. It looks the same, it has almost (if not exactly) the same prices, everything is identical. I looked at icruise, buycruises, smartcruiser, 11th Hour, to name a few.

Has anyone else noticed this? Is it par for the course? Appreciate any expertise you guys have! Thanks.:)

Someone posted about it the other day. Turns out that many of them use a system from Revelex (or something like that). That's why they all look very similar. They then just enter the prices that they charge.

Marc, a lot will depend on how the TA's website utilizes the information, and what they choose to display. For instance, I believe Travelocity and some other sites just show a maximum of 10 or 11 cabins as being available. I visited a site yesterday (can't remember which one) and the only A category cabins showing were all together at the bow of the ship ... when I'm sure that at 13 months out there are more A cabins available.

Archived