Pricing issues on RCI Website

chazg

Has anyone recently booked a Cruise the RCI's website and notice a Pricing Bug?

I tried to plan a cruise on the Mariner of the Sea's for August 26th 2007 with DW and DS's. After I chose the Cabin (D1 - Balcony) the Price came up at $2395.24 (hard to believe but WOW!!!) So I put it on a courtesy hold and went back to check the hold today and it jumped to $3295.24. I called RCI and they confirmed the $3295.24 price. Still not bad but what a difference. They said they couldn't do anything about it.

Is there anything I can do to push the issue?

Anyone have the same or similar issue?

If they confirmed the price then it does not sound like a pricing bug. Sounds like a typical overpriced summer rate. August is a high travel month due to kids about to head back to school everyone tries to get in that last minute vacation. Price the same week in Sept and Oct, bet you will see a huge drop in price.

I do agree it sounds a bit overboard on the rate but have seen them before when it is a high travel season. I can take a 7 day in May or Oct for less than half what it would cost in the summer months.

The issue is that the price at time of booking changed when it was put on hold.

Booking Price $2395.24

On Hold Price $3295.24

That to me is a bug on the Webpage.

Oh now I see what you mean.. Im a little slow some days.

I haven't experienced the problem with RCCL. When we made our reservation, which I called in, it was the price online and also in an email special. Maybe the price yesterday had been just input incorrectly.

I did have a pricing issue just yesterday though with Holland America. I received an offer in the mail just Mon on cruises to be booked by Feb 15. When I called to book it, I was told the only staterooms were for $150 more than the flyer. (and it was not just because the cheaper rooms sold out, it was the lowest cat.). I did not book. I then checked Holland America's website and found the same discount. Needless to say, in light of the resent pricing problem with Holland America, I won't be booking anything with them anytime soon.

I had a similar issue while booking our current cruise. Was trying to book on RCL's website but kept getting a "Name does not match Crown and Anchor Number" error while trying to book. I called RCL to book via phone and the quoted price was $400 higher. I said that I was looking at a lower price on their website the agent was a little confused. I quickly printed a hard copy and a .pdf copy while talking and re-ran the online booking and the price was $400 higher. I the agent asked me to email the .pdf copy of the reservation details and that she would forward it to "The Resolution Dept." Two days later my account was credited $400. I'm not sure they would have believed me had I not had printouts of the price. Needless to say, I am a happy customer.

edit: she did tell me that RCL adjusts prices nightly based on bookings. I assume that RCL was in the middle of adjusting their price as I was trying to book our room.

I had a similar issue while booking our current cruise. Was trying to book on RCL's website but kept getting a "Name does not match Crown and Anchor Number" error while trying to book. I called RCL to book via phone and the quoted price was $400 higher. I said that I was looking at a lower price on their website the agent was a little confused. I quickly printed a hard copy and a .pdf copy while talking and re-ran the online booking and the price was $400 higher. I the agent asked me to email the .pdf copy of the reservation details and that she would forward it to "The Resolution Dept." Two days later my account was credited $400. I'm not sure they would have believed me had I not had printouts of the price. Needless to say, I am a happy customer.

edit: she did tell me that RCL adjusts prices nightly based on bookings. I assume that RCL was in the middle of adjusting their price as I was trying to book our room.

Congratulations! Perseverance pays off! You have given much valuable info on how to proceed.

I had the same C&A Issue also and when I called they said my Middle Initial was included in my first name, so I added it and it was fine.

So I guess I should book it and then call with the Booking info and see what happens.

On 12/26/06 I booked the Freedom for 10/14/07. We booked a GS for $4298 prior to taxes & fees. On 01/03/07 I checked to see if they had any different Gs's available. Amazingly the price for the GS had went from $4298 to $5698, and had 2-3 left. I was shocked, but glad I had booked already. The following day there were no GS's left and the JS price went up to $ 4298. Do any of you find this odd? I've been playing around on the website for a month or so trying to find something and this is the first time I've seen a price change this significant.

Don't find it odd at all. The suites are usually the first rooms to sell out anyway. Supply and demand says that when there are fewer available they can charge more. Prices change nightly so you can see huge price jumps and drops overnight. I've gotten two different price drops in the last week on my cruise.

Archived