Canned or Bottles Beer

Up on pool deck, sometimes we would get Heinekin (or something else), on tap, but after a while we ended up just ordering the "buck'o'beers" specials - a bunch of coronas in a bucket of ice (it was the best deal).

The good thing was once you got to know the waiter really well, he'd slip you "bonuses" (and don't ask because I don't want to spoil it for anyone, and I don't want to get anyone in trouble). Also, if we asked he would not open all of them, and that way if we didn't finish them all, we would take them back to our room.

Our waiter allways had lots of ice in a bucket in our room just for that purpose.

I'll tell ya', for all the "Rules and Regulations" that everyone talks about here, if your extra nice to staff, and and show them that your having a Great! time, rules bend and regulations relax! ;)

Up on pool deck, sometimes we would get Heinekin (or something else), on tap, but after a while we ended up just ordering the "buck'o'beers" specials - a bunch of coronas in a bucket of ice (it was the best deal).

The good thing was once you got to know the waiter really well, he'd slip you "bonuses" (and don't ask because I don't want to spoil it for anyone, and I don't want to get anyone in trouble). Also, if we asked he would not open all of them, and that way if we didn't finish them all, we would take them back to our room.

Our waiter allways had lots of ice in a bucket in our room just for that purpose.

I'll tell ya', for all the "Rules and Regulations" that everyone talks about here, if your extra nice to staff, and and show them that your having a Great! time, rules bend and regulations relax! ;)

yep yep! i know what ya mean:D

On the Sov. of the Seas in Sept. my DH got aluminum bottles of bud light. It was shaped like a bottle but was metal. I've never seen this at home.:confused:
We too had these on the Freedom. My husband said it is more like a beer from a bottle. Guess one has to be a real beer connoisseur to be able to tell the difference. :) BTW we do have Bud as well as a couple other brands in the metal bottles here locally.

BonVoyage

Dawna

cruznagn:

my DH got aluminum bottles of bud light. It was shaped like a bottle but was metal. I've never seen this at home

I did order them once on the Voyageur, (they were a tad expensive), and since then I've seen them in our Ontario Liquor stores. I bought a 4-pack at Christmas, just for the cool bottles (and the fact that the beer was actually made in US).

rapsodyme:

Last cruise the gal in our bunch who was a beer drinker, had Foster's in a can, she felt she got more beer for her buck.

YES!!. That reminds me of this bunch of guys on our Voyageur cruise whos mission was to hit every bar on the ship. And I mean HIT the bar, like put a serious dent in the beer stock level. They also all wore custom T-shirts explaining their mission (or whatever you call it). They were usually toast by mid-afternoon. (I never saw them at dinner or breakfast).

LOCO713:

How much do the bucket of beers cost, Coronas? And how many in a bucket??

You know, I'll have to ask DW for sure (she is the one who usually bought them - she flirts better with the waiters than I do), :p

but I'm guessing 5 (6?), and $15.00 plus tip. (Can't remember exactly, maybe for several reasons) :rolleyes:

Maplemoose: I seem to recall that the beer price varied also according to venue. If we weren't on the pool deck, than we would buy a pint on tap. (...now I know I have those receipts around somewhere...)

Anyone have an actual pricelist???

Archived