Someone missing from the Facination!

Sorry Betsyross, but I clicked on your link and it didn't work. :( It asked for the username and password before you could read the article. I'm curious now, though. What happened to the man? It sounds like he was found dead, which is what I think everyone pretty much expected.:eek: But did it give the details of what they think happened and how he ended up falling overboard? I'm curious now, so please fill us in on what happened.

Search is called off for missing passenger

U.S. Coast Guard officials ended their search Saturday afternoon for a Virginia Beach man who disappeared from the cruise ship Fascination on Friday morning.

''We've pretty much done everything we can,'' Petty Officer T. Cassidy said. ``We've soaked the whole area and still no sign of him.''

Cassidy identified the missing passenger as Christopher Cadwell, 37, and said family members were notified after the search was called off at 4 p.m.

Crews spent Friday searching a 28-mile stretch of ocean roughly 14 miles off the coast of Key Biscayne's Cape Florida for the man. On Saturday, the search was extended to Fort Pierce, about 120 miles from Miami. A Coast Guard cutter and a C-130 airplane were searching a swath of ocean.

The search area was mapped out after computer programs of currents showed where the man, who has not been identified, most likely would have drifted, Cassidy said.

Cassidy said that a life jacket was found in the area, but that ``more than likely he wasn't wearing one since people on cruise ships generally don't.''

Cruise ship staff reported the man missing at 10:30 a.m. Friday. He was last seen about 3:30 a.m. Friday on the aft deck and was reported missing to the cruise staff about 7 a.m. when he didn't return to his stateroom.

Archived