RCCL increased my Alaska booking price

Just want to make all you Alaska cruisers who booked their cruise prior to January 3, 2007 aware that your fare may have an $49.31 increase per person :mad: for the Alaska taxes. They did not notify me, found out by looking at my reservation on the RCCL website. I know it's not alot of money for two, but it adds up if your going with a family. And most of all... it's the principal...they knew about the taxes in 2006! We assumed that these taxes were included in the original quote when we paid our deposit.

I spoke with customer service up to the executive division and they are telling me " that's how just how it is". Perhaps I'm wrong ...but I feel that the cost of my cruise should be what we agreed upon when I paid my $500 deposit.

Anyone else notice this increase in their Alaska crusie pricing? We are sailing August 4th. Don't typically like to complain but I hate the fact that they raised the price without notifying me. Feel sorry for the families that are crusing. My son and his family were also booked for this cruise. They may have chosen a cheaper cabin had they known of the additional fees. Too late to book a difference cabin since all the pricing has increased since we booked!

Just had to get this off my chest!

everyone was aware the people of Alaska had the tourist tax on the fall ballots. It was posted here that the tax had passed. So everyone should have expected it to be added by the end of 2006. In other words, you were forewarned, you were aware.

Archived