Price Dropping

I booked my 3/11 cruise through an online travel agency. My question is where do you check for price dropping? And if I do see a price drop do I just call my travel agent, not sure how this works.

Also, I asked him about the residency rate for Illinois and he said there was not one. Please advise me to where I can find that online.

Thanks all

I booked my 3/11 cruise through an online travel agency. My question is where do you check for price dropping? And if I do see a price drop do I just call my travel agent, not sure how this works.

Also, I asked him about the residency rate for Illinois and he said there was not one. Please advise me to where I can find that online.

Thanks all

Just go to the RCI website and go through the process like you are booking your cruise again. Toward the bottom of one of the pages it will ask if you are 55 or older, if you have served in the military and below that it will ask you what state you live in. After you check the appropriate boxes click the save and continue button and the prices for all the catagories will come up. If you qualify for a residency discount it will show with the prices. There will be a regular price and below that will show a residency rate. If there is no residency rate listed then there is not one available at this time. I would keep checking though because on our cruise they just instituted a residency for Maine and we leave next weekend.

Thanks all

Go to the RCCL web site and do a check on the price of that itinerary and make sure at the bottom you put in your state. The recent prices will come up. If your TA books it through RCCL you should be able to get a credit on the difference.

With a cruise date of 3/11 you are probably inside the period where the cruiseline will charge you a penalty to rebook. It will be important to verify that any lower price you see isn't for "new bookings only". There are often Happy Hour and Promowave (search this board if you want to find the link) specials that indicate they are for new bookings only. If you are outside any penalty period you can always cancel the first booking and rebook under the lower rate.

If you do find a lower rate (regardless of whether or not it says for new bookings), you should contact your TA and ask for them to lower your rate. A good TA (even an on-line one) will try to get you the rate reduction.

Good luck.

When I bought a cruise within the 90 days before you leave timeframe, the online site told me that even if they dropped the price before time to leave I would not get the lower price. She came right out and told me that.

I accepted it at the time. Since then I have emailed them a couple of times about that their site says they will match prices from other sites and neither the owner or the rep I used for two bookings responded, they pretended like they never got my emails. So I figure I dont owe them much in the future either.

Online TAs have some good prices, but not everything a full TA can offer imo.

No, if your category is sold out there won't be a price drop.

For example, I've gotten 2 price drops in the last week. The price drop was only for certain categories of insides and oceanviews - because they are trying to sell those categories.

Okay, I checked and our category E1 is NA, but higher categories are available for the same rate we paid for the category E!. Should I call?

YES! you should call and book a better room in a higher category!!!

Call ASAP! I was told only could upgrade and move cabins when I first booked. I called yesturday to my TA and told her everyone else has gotten a credit when price dropped and she made the call and called me back stating I got the credit. Be firm and nice at the same time and you should get the credit. If you don't I would not book with them again.

Archived