Today's "'O-Dammers"

SDHALFAN

Well, today's O'Dammers are in for some special treats here. First off, it's snowing in San Diego. Not all of San Diego but in several areas and it's the first time since 1949 there has been any measurable snowfall recorded.

Secondly, there are several Tall Ships in the harbor and at 1:00 p.m. four of them will be in the Bay re-enacting a battle scene and firing off cannons. In fact they fired off a cannon at about 8:00 a.m. and it looked as though it was pointed at the hotel across the street from the cruise terminal. Luckily they just fired the cannon and didn't actually use any cannon balls.:D

Who says that San Diego isn't a great city? By the way I'm freezing my tush off and can't wait for some of that nice warm weather I'm headed for tomorrow.

Valerie:)

Valerie, that sounds like fun. But SNOW in San Diego:eek: It is actually quite beautiful here in Las Vegas today, sunny clear skies and a crisp 29 degrees right now.;)

The Tall ships in the harbor and the battle scene, do they do them frequently or just every few months or in January? I remeber being there two years ago in January when they did this. It seems they also did the cannon thing last year on Feb 4th because I remember being on the Oosterdam having our lunch in the Lido when the cannons went off.:D

Archived