Captain's Club Cirque du Soleil Surprise

Senga

Received a telephone call from Celebrity yesterday offering us two complimentary tickets to the premiere of Cirque du Soleil's Alegria at Ontario Place August 19th in appreciation of our loyalty. What a delightful and totally unexpected surprise.

Hi Senga

What a wonderful surprise. Let me tell you about the show. It's WONDERFUL. We just saw it in Philadelphia and we loved it. Of course, we've loved all the Cirque shows so far that we've seen. Alegria is very light and very much like a circus. Enjoy it. Oh, and catch the young boy at the beginning. My granddaughter wanted to bring him home with her :D

Hi Senga

What a wonderful surprise. I wish they would have sent all our family tickets, or at least a few. They were $75 pp to be up front. But it was well worth it.

Let me tell you about the show. It's WONDERFUL. We just saw it in Philadelphia and we loved it. Of course, we've loved all the Cirque shows so far that we've seen. Alegria is very light and very much like a circus. Enjoy it. Oh, and catch the young boy at the beginning. My granddaughter wanted to bring him home with her :D

That is truly a nice gesture. Enjoy, we saw it in San Francisco last October, our 5th Cirque. We are hoping to see our next Cirque performers onboard a Celebrity ship..........:D

Enjoy the show.

You'll love it. I've seen most of them, including Alegria in San Francisco last winter. I took my mom who had never seen one before. She was really quiet through the first half and I thought, "Oh man, she doesn't like it!" Then as soon as intermission came, she couldn't stop gushing. We had front row seats. One of the aerial acts set up a net right above us, so we could look straight up and see people flying through the air. I was praying that net was secured tightly!

Received a telephone call from Celebrity yesterday offering us two complimentary tickets to the premiere of Cirque du Soleil's Alegria at Ontario Place August 19th in appreciation of our loyalty. What a delightful and totally unexpected surprise.

How many cruises have you been on with Celebrity that they valued your "loyalty"?

Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy. Lucky you.

• 4 weeks later...

Alegria was excellent and it was nice to see the Celebrity Cruises logo prominently displayed. I was thinking of buying a fancy theatrical mask, complete with feathers, for a romantic weekend in the city but at $30. I thought it was too much for a joke. After seeing the prices of the masks for sale last night ($25. for a cheap plastic one, $79. for a relatively nice one) I have now decided to buy the lovely $30. mask and take it with me when we cruise on a ship featuring Cirque du Soleil. Maybe this is something you might think about after Halloween when prices will be great!

Alegria is my favorate of the Cirque du Soleil "Grand Chapiteau" shows (ie: under a tent) Just saw it in Philly myself (2nd time for Allegria, 11th time seeing Cirque) It's one of their older shows (running for over 10 years now) but it has a timelessness about it (seems almost boroque in nature) and there is a simplicity about the show that's really wonderful. There are some new acts, including an absolutely incredible handbalancing act and an aerial silk act. I'll actually see Alegria again in a week when I take my Dad to see it in Toronto. Also, Toronto crowds seem to really like Cirque du Soleil so there is an excitment and appreciation in the audience that you don't get in other locations. Finally, your ticket includes admission to "The Ex" so you can make a day of it.

Archived