5 in a room

joemedic

We are attempting to plan another cruise for our family. We are looking for a room for 5 on a family friendly ship in July or August. Of course, we would like it to be economical. We had all shared a balcony room on The Sun a year ago and were very comfortable. What other ships have rooms for 5?

Thanks for any help!

We are going on the RCI's Mariner in one more week. We have the family oceanview stateroom which can have up to 6 people. I believe it is 328 sf which is a very big room for ship standards. We kept watching and got a very good deal!!! Lots and lots of things for the kids to do from ice skating to rock climbing. The kids program is suppose to be excellent also. Good luck!

You may also want to consider getting two connecting cabins. Surprisingly, this was cheaper than the family size cabins. They are like adjoining hotel rooms and you get the benefit of two bathrooms!!! You can leave the door open between them.

Carnival offers them as well as Royal Caribbean. Im not sure about the other lines but know that Princess does not.

Hope this helps you.

Heather

• 3 weeks later...

LOL, our cabin on our week this week was 5 to a room. Hubby, 3 kids and I. We said we would go for the extra room next time.

Yes, it was more affordable and met our needs to seeing if the kids would like or appreciate a cruise as they are older but bumping heads on the pullman's, crawling over luggage and beds.... well, this got old after a while.

Another option on NCL is the AB suite. This it about 575 sqft. 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, living room, dining room, balcony, butler, VIP service. It will fit 5.

We found that the AB was less expensive than booking 2 adjoining balcony cabins. We could not get 2 adjoining outside or inside, this may be about the same or a bit less than the AB.

Another option on NCL is the AB suite. This it about 575 sqft. 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, living room, dining room, balcony, butler, VIP service. It will fit 5.

We found that the AB was less expensive than booking 2 adjoining balcony cabins. We could not get 2 adjoining outside or inside, this may be about the same or a bit less than the AB.

Do you mind my asking the price for the AB Suite?

This morning I just put a hold on two cabins (for a total of 6 guests) on the Victory for June out of NY for $2300, i.e. a balcony cabin. (Yes, the Destiny cruise spoiled us with the balcony)

It's only a 4 night and the 5 night one includes Halifax which has an interesting history, but was more than I had budgeted. I have until Monday for my hold. ;)

Do you mind my asking the price for the AB Suite?

This morning I just put a hold on two cabins (for a total of 6 guests) on the Victory for June out of NY for $2300, i.e. a balcony cabin. (Yes, the Destiny cruise spoiled us with the balcony)

It's only a 4 night and the 5 night one includes Halifax which has an interesting history, but was more than I had budgeted. I have until Monday for my hold. ;)

2300 total for 2 balcony rooms for 6 people is a great price in my book!

The AB on NCL was more than that. We are going in August, peak season, and for a 7 day.

Our children are smaller - 6, 3, 1. It worked better than we anticipated it would after reading comments on the forums but my husband also said we would get two cabins next time (we will hopefully have 4 children then too though!).

We have been home just over a week and we were on the Elation. It was our first cruise, 5 nights to Nassau Bahamas, Carnival's island, and Grand Turk. Service was great - no complaints. They have many cabins for 5 at a great price but balconies are lacking (balconies only available to suites - and for 5, you would have to get the penthouse).

Good luck in your search. Often it is more reasonable to book two adjoining cabins but there are still ships that will allow a family to stay together for a reasonable price.

2300 total for 2 balcony rooms for 6 people is a great price in my book!

The AB on NCL was more than that. We are going in August, peak season, and for a 7 day.

No, that's for 1 balcony and one inside cabin.

Spoke with hubby and he wants to stick with the islands, feels like the kids will enjoy the beach more. I was just excited about leaving from a near by port. Back to square 1.

No, that's for 1 balcony and one inside cabin.

Spoke with hubby and he wants to stick with the islands, feels like the kids will enjoy the beach more. I was just excited about leaving from a near by port. Back to square 1.

OK...I think that it is still a good price. Last August we paid about that for one inside cabin (for 4) on the NCL Spirit.

Good luck in whatever you decide.

Archived