Wedding on RCCL

I believe that there is some paper work involved. Not sure to what degree. Last year we were with some friends that got married on the ship the day we left. It is over and done with before the ship sails. They do a very nice job of it. I also know someone that wanted to get married at one of their stops. Some piece of critical paper work was left out and they were out of luck.

Oh... the couple that got married on the ship spent quite a bit of time with the photographer. Enough time that they didn't have to go to the muster drill.

I believe that there is some paper work involved. Not sure to what degree. Last year we were with some friends that got married on the ship the day we left. It is over and done with before the ship sails. They do a very nice job of it. I also know someone that wanted to get married at one of their stops. Some piece of critical paper work was left out and they were out of luck.

Oh... the couple that got married on the ship spent quite a bit of time with the photographer. Enough time that they didn't have to go to the muster drill.

I am considering having a wedding on Splendor of the Seas...actually the wedding would be on an island. I was wondering if anyone had been to one or been through one and can give me the skinny...

Thanks in advance for your help!

My advice would be to always have contingency plans. I was on the Explorer in December on the cruise that missed two scheduled ports and went to Grand Cayman on a day different than what was scheduled. I heard (rumor, but it's a good warning anyway) that a couple had their wedding planned for the GC stop. Don't know how they handled it.

Jan

I am considering having a wedding on Splendor of the Seas...actually the wedding would be on an island. I was wondering if anyone had been to one or been through one and can give me the skinny...

In Oct, 2004, I went on the Adventure of the Seas. Our first stop was St. Thomas. I got married at the Mariott Frenchman's Reef Resort. The ship had a wedding planner who was able to coordinate with the planner at the resort, and the courthouse. Everything went very smoothly.

I wish I could give you details, but my wife didn't allow me to be too involved in the planning process.

Hello & congratulations to you and your fiance on your engagement. Being a bride myself, I know that this can be both an exciting and stressful time in your life.

My fiance and I (along with our collective 3 kids, and 19 others) are sailing on The Mariner of the Seas on 06/03/07. We are getting married in Ocho Rios, Jamaica on 06/06/07.

We had initially booked our wedding with Royal Caribbean's contract company - Royal Romance/The Wedding Experience. We were extremely displeased with RR/TWE. :mad: :mad: :mad: We have since canceled our wedding with RR/TWE and gone with a private coordinator in Ocho Rios.:D

If you would like to know the very little good, the very bad, and the extremely ugly please feel free to email me at a_denzer@yahoo.com.

Again, congrats & best of luck with your wedding planning.

Hi! I was married on VOS last year. I actually opted to get married on the first day for various reasons (mainly family who came aboard for the ceremony and then left before we left port). It seems as though some people have bad experiences with RR, but mine was GREAT. I wouldn't change anything!

I have posted several reviews on the wedding and honeymoon cruise board on cruise critic. I think you can search by for posts by my user name WinterEscape to find them. Let me know if you have any questions! jlsatt00@yahoo.com

fegan01970:

...actually the wedding would be on an island...

It depends on your ships itenerary.

Where do you want to go?

Also, how many people are going to attend?

I think the more people attending the greater the reason

to let RCCL get involved.

We got married on our May '04 cruise on GOS.

Upon doing a little research(here on the boards), we found that for our

Eastern Caribbean itinary, that getting married on St. Thomas or St. John would be the "easiest". By that I mean paperwork, hastle factor, costs, etc.

So I contacted a wedding planner - Stacey Mulcare, and she put it together for us on Hawksnest Beach on St. John.

The license was signed in St. Thomas, than a mad dash to St. John.

...there we were, just the 4 of us on this whole long beach, in our gowns and suits, 104 degrees, oh, yeah, and the wild donkeys of course. (They were our "extended wedding party"

Looking back, in spite of the obvious stress during the first half of the cruise, we partied like there was no tomorrow afterwards.

There IS NO BETTER WAY to get married. :p

We got married in St. Thomas just last February. I'd be happy to help you with information for that island--US owned and very simple. We used the same coordinator that Carnival used, we just bypassed Carnival. Saved a lot of $ and headaches. Remember, the cruise ships are in the cruise business, not the wedding business. If you want your wedding to be memorable, use someone who truly cares--an outside coordinator. We had a BEAUTIFUL, FUN wedding. Amazingly wonderful. If you're organized, you can do this.

Jan's advice is good - have a contingency plan. There was a very long thread a while back from a couple whose island wedding plans were ruined because the ship could not, for valid reasons, dock on that date. (I'm old and am losing my memory but I think the problem was hurricane related.)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the delay. I was on my cruise. We used Fantasia Weddings in St. Thomas. The owner's name is Debra. She is a little scatter brained, but she pulls off a beautiful wedding!! Her facilities were the best offered on the island. I would use her again in a heartbeat. Just wear your patience on your sleeve with her.

Archived