Switched cabins. What to do about Luggage Tags?

RedC

I switched cabins after I received my docs from RCI. I'm sure it is a fairly easy process, but what should I do about getting new luggage tags with the new cabin's information? Our cruise is in one week so I know I will need to pick them up at the port, but I wasn't sure where to pick them up. I already know that I'm going to overpack, so I want to avoid angering:p the crowds by dragging the luggage through the check-in line.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again!

I believe that when you arrive at the port, the porters have blank tags that you just write your new cabin number on. There were some folks on our Jewel cruise last year who did this.

Hope this helps and have a great cruise!!!

In the past, when I've made reservations too late to get documents in the mail, they've given me luggage tags with a fill-in-the blank area to put your cabin number in. All I had to do was write in the cabin number. The porters had these when I unloaded my luggage. No problem at all.

This happened to us on our last cruise. We just took a black marker and crossed out the old cabin number and wrote in the new one. Bags arrived safe and sound at the new cabin. We didn't want to have to run around looking for blank tags. We did remember our old cabin number just in case.

I switched cabins after I received my docs from RCI. I'm sure it is a fairly easy process, but what should I do about getting new luggage tags with the new cabin's information? Our cruise is in one week so I know I will need to pick them up at the port, but I wasn't sure where to pick them up. I already know that I'm going to overpack, so I want to avoid angering:p the crowds by dragging the luggage through the check-in line.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again!

All people who get e docs don´t have lugggae tags, so it´s pretty easy to pick up the tags from the porters at the pier, don´t worry.

However the second way you could go is to just overwrite the cabin number on your tags with the new one;)

Great. Thanks to all who responded. Now I have one more thing to check off the list:>

I was going to mark up the existing tags but wasn't sure if that would cause confusion since I noticed there was also a barcode on them.

We are doing a cabin switch also, so I called RCI for their advice. They said the porters have spare baggage tags. Just ask for the tags. This applies at both the port or at the airport if you went through RCI for the air.

I am planning on placing the old baggage tags on the luggage before it is loaded onto the airplane in the event that it is lost by the airline. At least it might be delivered to some room on the ship and we can claim it later. :)

Archived