What & When are the Formal nights?

• 8 months later...

I will be on the Veendam in May. Trying to figure out the formal nights. It is from sunday to sunday with sea days being monday and tuesday and saturday. I imagine the first formal day being monday. I hope the second formal night is not saturday night. I found a link( http://www.orcatekweb.com/Ryndam/hal_Ryndam_Alaska_july_18_20032.htm) with intinerary of same cruise but different ship(Ryndam) with second formal night being on the day they were in the port of Ketchikan. Can I expect the same on the veendam? I would hope that the second formal night would not be on the night before disembarkation.

Any one been on this crusie and confirm? Thoughts?

Sigtau21: The only thing I am sure of, formal nights are never held on the very last night before disembarkation...It would just be too much to dress up that night, do your packing, etc..... That night is always been casual in my experiences.....

Happy cruising.....

Thanks, that is what I thought! I want to confirm when the second formal night. I have an excursion set up for Ketchikan thast goes till 5:3O. So if it is that night, I will miss the second formal dinner because we have the early dinner.

Only in very rare circumstances will formal night be on a night when you're in port after about 4. You don't mention if your on the south- or north-bound cruise, but looking at both itineraries, I'd expect Monday & Friday on the NB but the SB does present difficulties! Monday for sure, but certainly not Friday - perhaps Thursday.

It is a south bound trip. Here is the itinerary:

SunMay 15Anchorage (Seward), AK8:00pmMonMay 16College Fjord (Cruising)TueMay 17Glacier Bay National Park (Cruising)WedMay 18Sitka, AK8:00am6:00pmThuMay 19Juneau, AK8:00am6:00pmFriMay 20Ketchikan, AK2:00pm8:00pmSatMay 21Inside Passage (Cruising)SunMay 22Vancouver, Canada8:00am

Archived