AA reservation changes

teaach

I booked my air for precruise 4/21/07 last August. Up to this point the times had changed minutely when I checked back with the AA site. I checked today and the reservation times had changed quite a bit. The times still work but the departure time was changed from 12:10 pm to 10:45 am. Leaving Miami the departure went from 1:50 to 2:30 pm. Word to the wise - check with your airlines to keep up with changing flight times. They should really email us when they change the flight.

I booked my air for precruise 4/21/07 last August. Up to this point the times had changed minutely when I checked back with the AA site. I checked today and the reservation times had changed quite a bit. The times still work but the departure time was changed from 12:10 pm to 10:45 am. Leaving Miami the departure went from 1:50 to 2:30 pm. Word to the wise - check with your airlines to keep up with changing flight times. They should really email us when they change the flight.

All airlines change times and schedules. Just the way the business works.

Have you signed up for email/cell phone/PDA notifications? AA is usually VERY good about sending the notices. As a very loyal AA flyer, I get notifications for very minute changes. Sometimes I have so many (I fly a lot), I get confused just looking at them.

But you must sign up for them. An AAdvantage number (FF) will almost always guarantee the notifications.

I fly with AA alot as well but have never had any success with their automated flight information system. Don't know what it is, it's just that it never works when I'm flying.

So with this, I'd say you have a 50/50 chance of the flight system working/not working if you choose to use it.

As an alternative, I just call the 800 number for automated flight info and manually check the info before I leave for the airport.

We booked AA for our previous cruise. Flew from Seattle to Ft. Lauderdale. About 3 weeks prior to our departure, AA changed the flight

times. Apparently the one we oroginally chose was cancelled. We had signed up for Email notifications and did recieve the change but, not until the week prior to our leaving. We called AA and asked why they didn't notify us by phone and they said they have every right to change the times etc.

They did offer us a full refund if we wanted. With it being so close to our flight date we decided to keep the reservation. We had about 30 minutes to make our connecting flight in Dallas......We had to RUN for our LIFE..... I can still hear DH yell, C;MON WOMAN.....:D

Good luck.

I have signed up for notification from AA............have only recieved notification ONCE.............6 weeks after it was changed..........

I love AA but agree they need to find a more efficient way to notify their customers of changes...........I check every week...........I accept the responsibility to check and not leave it to them to notify me.

I found out why I wasn't notified about the flight time changes in my reservation. They only email you 90 days out. I am just about 90 days out as of today. I booked my flight in August because the price was right. Maybe from this point on I will get notification of flight time changes.

Just got an email that AA had changed our arrival time into MIA from 1500 to 2000 for our May cruise on FOS. Just hope it doesn't change again to an even later time. They changed our return time by an hour, so no problem there so far. My wife is partially disabled, and a real late arrival will really wear her out.

Have you signed up for email/cell phone/PDA notifications? AA is usually VERY good about sending the notices. As a very loyal AA flyer, I get notifications for very minute changes. Sometimes I have so many (I fly a lot), I get confused just looking at them.

But you must sign up for them. An AAdvantage number (FF) will almost always guarantee the notifications.

Not always. I have an AAdvantage number, but I have to sign up for the notifications. They'll let you do this up to 90 days before you fly.

We flew AA to FLL from Denver last September for our cruise. AA left a message for us the night before to tell me that our flight the next day had been cancelled. They re-booked on a later flight. I called them back and told them that the later flight did not work for me as I had to catch another flight out of FLL on another airline. They changed it again and everything worked out fine.

Archived