Great Diving in Belize

maadimom

We signed up with Sea Sports Belize for a 2 tank dive on the reef. Best operation I've used in awhile. The dive master was great. Pointed out lots of things I would have missed. Shop is about 3 blocks from tender area and the boat ride out is around 30 mins. First dive was around 40 mins. Short trip to small island for sandwiches, drinks, etc. then back for last dive. Saw couple sharks, eels, turtle, lobsters, and tons of fish. Visibility was great. Best part was they dropped us off at the ship on the way back in so we didn't have to tender back. It was a great day!

Radiance of the Seas

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;4;4;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Really appreciate the feedback on the dive operator. In Belize it seems to be difficult to get information on dive OP's other than the ship's excursion. Thanks

<font color="FF6600">

if there's a way to construe my post as non-argumentative, please do so.</font>

Cruise photos on my Home page <font color="990066">

Spring Break was on the Grand Princess </font>21, March 2004

So when is the next cruise?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We dove with both within a 6 month period of time.

Sea Sports Belize was really service oriented--we went out with just 3 folks and we got some terrific personalized attention. The water was relatively clear and the coral was good shape.

The boat was not covered, however, so please be prepared for that--we ended up a bit red (and seasick from the experience). A terrific dive, however.

We just got back from Hugh Parkey's operation from our recent W Caribbean cruise. I gotta say...I was impressed. We had a large group (4 DMs about 6-8 each) but it did not feel like a cattle boat to me. We all had different profiles based upon experience and we did not see the other divers the whole time we were diving. The Atolls are not to be missed!!!

(although it was pricier than SSB).

Both terrific experiences.

--Dee

09/04/04 NCL Spirit (Alaska)

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;09;04;16;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500

I dove with Hugh Parkey's operation in May and loved the service. I brought my own gear and they assembled it all for me. I just handed them my bag.

The diving was great. We dove the atoll. The only complaint I had was that I came up with 1000 to 1500 psi in my tank. I would have love to have had longer bottem times. The dives were about 30 min. Our DM was Rosco. He was the best I have ever had. He was good about pointing out fish and other marine life since I take photos.

I would have booked through Sea Sport, but we needed to find two more divers to make the dive with us. We were forced to book through Carnival. Hugh Parkey's is who they use.

I plan to visit again in December. I would like to try Sea Sport then, but I will be diving alone. Hopefully since it is a busy time of year there will be more divers signed up.

Rhonda

"One time, when I was drunk"

Grand Princess 12/4/04

Elation 5/2/04

Celebration 12/06/03

Rhapsody of the seas 5/4/03

Cre8tive1,

Did the DM at Hugh Parkley make you come up early with the rest of the group each time? I am not a big fan of wasting air that could have been used because someone in the group was breathing heavy. How many were on your boat with Hugh Parkey's? Thanks!

"When I drink alone, I prefer to be by myself"

G Thorogood

Jeff,

Yes, we all had to ascend at the same time. icon_frown.gif

I hate coming up from a relatively shallow dive with that much air. I was disappointed in that. Otherwise, it is a great operation if you like larger groups.

Unfortunately, there is only one other local dive shop that I know of. Please let me know if there is another. The ohter dive shop requires 4 people to go on a dive. At the time, nobody else was signed up. It was only me and my husband, so they didn't make a trip for us.

Rhonda

"One time, when I was drunk"

Grand Princess 12/4/04

Elation 5/2/04

Celebration 12/06/03

Rhapsody of the seas 5/4/03

• 2 weeks later...

We used SeaSports last Oct. and really, really enjoyed ourselves! The dm pointed out all kinds of things and was very attentive. I was able to get enough people together though these boards to do the dive. The lunch they provided was delicious! I highly recommend this dive shop and would use them again!

Archived