Does Royal Caribbean Offer Tour to Maho Beach?

brandylaw

Ok,

this is post number three :(:o.

I apologize in advance if you have run across it several times now.

This first one didnt take and when you opened it, there was no text and no way to reply. The second one was fine, but disappeared. :mad::confused:

If this doesnt work, I'll post later in the future and give you folks a break.

I have searched this topic pretty extensivley and was wondering if anyone

has any insight or has done a RC excursion that included Maho beach in the tour.

Or am I going to have to book with an independent guide?

I thank you all in advance. :)

We were just there the first week of December and NO RCCL does not offer a tour to Maho Beach. But like the OP said there are plenty of cabs that will take you there and bring you back. I think the total was $20 for two people.

Thanks guys for your points. :)

We have been to Orient, and loved it, however honey has

a facination with planes and would LOVE LOVE LOVE to see

Maho Beach during peak jumbo plane time.

We wouldnt stay there the whole time, just an hour or two to catch a few planes.

I was looking into the 2 or 3 independent guides, and I am not sure they go there either. :confused:

I have read before (a while back) that cabs didnt or did not like to go to Maho . :( I may have this wrong though.

I do appreciate your feedback. :D

Thanks. :)

BTW, What does TWDFF mean? Is is something to do with topless?

I am out of the loop. LOL

We were just there in December. Its really neat to see the planes coming in just over head. We rented a car for the day and spent a few hours there too. TAKE WARNING !! there is one road outta that area. If you go, leave before three at the latest!! There are other ways, but their longer too. Orient is cool too, but this is something different if youve been to Orient already. If your hubby has a thing for planes, he will love Maho. The bigger planes start coming in after noon. IMO go at noon and start heading back at 2:30.

Have fun...we did. I have great pix, but I dont know how to post them on here sorry.

We went to Maho last year. Dh loves watching planes, so going there was for him. I even enjoyed it! Not the best beach, like someone said, but fun to watch especially the big planes come in so close overhead. I have read the big ones only come in on Tuesdays and Thursdays after noon. We were there on a Tuesday from about noon until 2:30 and saw, I think, two big planes come in along with a bunch of smaller ones.

Another option for getting there...Once in Philipsburg, walk to Back St. which is one block past Front St. (really...no joke!) :) You can catch a public bus to take you to Maho. We got on a bus to go to Marigot, it only cost us $1.50 a person. Walked around Marigot and shopped for a while, then caught another bus for Maho at $1:50 a person. Stayed at Maho and then took another bus back to the pier. The buses are vans, just like most of the taxis but they have a sign in the window that says, BUS. Ask before you get in if they will take you to Maho. We had such a good time on the buses talking to the locals and the bus driver acted as tour guide too! Someone else mentioned about the area being kind of congested. It is and I would suggest leaving around 2:30 also to get back to the ship. We got back in plenty of time, no problem! Have a great time! Worth the effort for DH!

Archived