Flying Out Of Acapulco

MaryPoppinz

Could anyone comment on whether a 12:10 p.m. flight out of Acapulco on the day of disembarkation is realistic? We use AA miles and the only flights offered out of ACA that get us through DFW and home the same day are at 7 a.m. and 12:10 p.m. We're trying to avoid extending the trip (even on eday) in Acapulco if that's avoidable.

Thanks!

Could anyone comment on whether a 12:10 p.m. flight out of Acapulco on the day of disembarkation is realistic? We use AA miles and the only flights offered out of ACA that get us through DFW and home the same day are at 7 a.m. and 12:10 p.m. We're trying to avoid extending the trip (even on eday) in Acapulco if that's avoidable.

Thanks!

If I recall correctly, the airport is about 45-60 minutes from the port (pending that there is no traffic). What time are you allowed off the ship. Also, bare in mind the possibility of the ship being late into port, delays with Immigration, etc.

Thanks! I know the pier and airport are quite a ways apart and that disembarkation is always an unknown part of the equation. I believe it's scheduled to begin at 7 a.m.

We've never disembarked there, so the length of time for any immigration procedures, baggage claim, and finding a cab to the airport are concerns.

Has anyone made a noon flight and lived to tell the tale? :)

Thanks! I know the pier and airport are quite a ways apart and that disembarkation is always an unknown part of the equation. I believe it's scheduled to begin at 7 a.m.

We've never disembarked there, so the length of time for any immigration procedures, baggage claim, and finding a cab to the airport are concerns.

Has anyone made a noon flight and lived to tell the tale? :)

I am not going to give you a concrete answer as I may be wrong. Have you considered posting this question on the Cruise line thread you are cruising with? If you are cruising with Princess, be advised that recently there were several people complaining about the immigration procedures and how long it took. Please bear in mind that Acapulco is in Mexico not the US; therefore, the procedures may be different.

Princess so rarely disembarks at Acapulco that I must have missed the discussions about problems there. I do understand that I'll be going through Mexican immigration, and that's actually what prompted my question. :)

During the Panama Canal cruise season, Princess does is every two weeks. There are also other cruise lines that stop or start there. Try posting your question on this thread and see if Aca Port Dude can give you a better answer.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=103695&page=62

I just flew out of ACA a week and a half ago. Princess did Mexican immigration on board before you disembark--that was actually a breeze and took just a few minutes.

It is the airport itself that is the problem--absolute nightmare zoo. Masses of people in not very discernible lines. Multiple security checks--they go through every inch of every checked bag first, before you can check in. Then, when you finally get to the boarding gates, there are about twice as many people as chairs and there is no or very little A/C. They also handcheck your carry on again at the gate after you went through security before. There, they were confiscating any liquids such as waters or beer that people had bought only after they were already in the secure area.

We were told to allow two to three hours at the airport and that was probably about right--at least on a busy Saturday. So, as long as you tell the ship that you need to be one of the first ones off so you can make your noon flight you should be ok. I will add though that I remember being glad we were in the Delta lines and not the American lines. The AA lines were about twice as long --although it may have just been closer to their actual flight time.

Archived