Have you ever brought a coffee pot?

In the Pink

I like my coffee when I wake up, but I don't want to be woken up by room service. Since I can drive to the dock, I'm thinking of taking a cheap coffee pot. Has anybody else ever done so? How'd it work out?

Can't you request that room service slips in quietly to leave your pot of coffee on the table where they will find your tip awaiting them?

On my very first cruise, I considered it. I like my first cup while I am dressing.

However, since our cabins were somewhat close to the stairs/elevator, we decided not to. Thank goodness. First time my DH did a coffee run, this was on the first cruise, first day.

After that.....no way. We are early morning folks....very early....

Nothing is better than having your first cup of coffee on deck watching the ocean and sun rise....wonderful. You can take it back to your room and have it on your balcony too:eek:

Even though we are early risers, we are on vacation and don't like a wake up call either.

So, first thing when we wake up, I make the room service "coffee & danish" call. It usually arrives in less than the time it takes me to make a pot at home:)

Charlie

Okay, I didn't know it was forbidden; thanks for letting me know that! I certainly understand candles and irons, but I don't think my coffee pot gets as hot as my curling iron, which I'm allowed to take, so I wouldn't have thought it would be a problem, except for space.

Anyway, just as important, thanks to those who posted how quick room service is. I thought that would probably take at least an hour and I didn't want to wait that long for coffee, nor do I like to leave the room to get coffee while I get dressed. DH doesn't drink it, so he isn't going get it.

Thanks for the replies.

Oh, and the one Carnival ship I've been on didn't have a coffee pot, either.

This may not help at all, but what about an immersion coil? You can get a cup of hot water in nothing flat. Just take along some coffee bags or make some of your own with a cheap muslin (untreated, of course) and some string.

Frankly, I'd go with the room service, but it's another option.

Charlie

I have taken my little 4 cup coffee maker with me several times. I have a zippered bag that holds the coffee maker, filters, my own coffee in zip lock bag all set to go with me whenever I travel. Even in motels etc. I am not a good sleeper and find that I'm up and on our balcony @ 4:30-5:00 each morning. Needless to say my husband is NOT. So I just make me some coffee and quietly go out on the balcony with my book and enjoy watching the sun come up. He's happy sleeping in a little longer and I'm happy just to have my coffee. All's well with the world. :D

Hi Marla

I know what you mean........nothing like waking up and having to go up 5 decks to the Windjammer..........we try and book a cabin close to the concierge so our walk isn't that far.......

hope you are doing well

Jim

Anyway, just as important, thanks to those who posted how quick room service is. I thought that would probably take at least an hour and I didn't want to wait that long for coffee, nor do I like to leave the room to get coffee while I get dressed. DH doesn't drink it, so he isn't going get it.
15 minutes is about the longest we've ever waited on room service, either for coffee in the AM or sandwiches in the afternoon.

If hubby doesn't drink coffee, you can always get him some juice, tea, etc.

Charlie

Okay, I didn't know it was forbidden; thanks for letting me know that! I certainly understand candles and irons, but I don't think my coffee pot gets as hot as my curling iron, which I'm allowed to take, so I wouldn't have thought it would be a problem, except for space.

No problem! I just happen to know because I have my cruise docs in my hot little hands and it's listed under the "What Not to Bring" section along with candles, illegal drugs, and explosives.

Hi Marla

I know what you mean........nothing like waking up and having to go up 5 decks to the Windjammer..........we try and book a cabin close to the concierge so our walk isn't that far.......

hope you are doing well

Jim

Hi, Jim

I thought I responded earlier, but apparently the boards had other ideas about that! Anyway, We've got "a few" cruises to go before we can partake of the concierge, but that would still mean leaving the cabin anyway. I guess I'm going to have to give room service a shot... I've never tried it.

We're well, although we did have a little ER run this morning, but Ev has since passed the stone (Yikes!), so all is well again :)

Give Rena a hug for us!

LOL I'd say they're pretty darned serious about it then!

Yeah, I sort of laughed when I saw it, because most of us would not consider a coffee maker dangerous, but I'm guessing they consider it a fire hazard.

LOL Jim -- me too! In Louisiana and onboard cruise ships!

I guess y'all are okay with the ice storm, huh?

I'm guessing they consider it a fire hazard.

I'm guessing so, also, but mine also has an auto shut off, and as I stated earlier, I know it doesn't even get as hot as my curling iron, which I'm allowed to take.

We were lucky Marla...........we had about 5 inches of sleet instead of freezing rain...........you go about 80 miles East of OKC and it is a mess.......still 300,000 people plus without power.........now it is very slick........but at least we have power.

Archived