Just off the Valor 1/7/07

badissa

Just returned last night from an amazing vacation. Took lots of notes to post a review. Some things I loved, some things I could do without. At any rate the cruise is what you make of it. Check out some of the pics on my signature, more to come later. Any questions feel free to ask.

I'm back too! Made it home finally at 5:30 today after a long day.

I'll work on photos once Wednesday passes. I start grad school tomorrow (first semester!!) and things are a little hectic. I ended up sick the last sea day, as did my father (head cold people!) I was always washing my hands too. People who travelled on the same plane as us the day before and actually today had the same thing. A crew member asked me on Saturday if I was sick and I was like, "I guess I'm getting a cold" and her comment was, "ugh me too."

I'll work on a review, but overall the cruise was great. I'm sad to be back in 40 degree weather. I could have done without all of the social hosts and the cruise director, but the cabin steward and the dining room staff were AWESOME!

Brett was still the CD. He said he's retiring. Do not know when. I honestly do not care about who the CD is (surely it does not ruin my vacation), but the whole "social" staff seemed very showy. I know that Captain Antonio Sammaratano (sp) was leaving the Valor after our sailing to go to the victory (I imagine after a vacation?) Also, Lloyd, the Washington DR Maitre'D (non-existent pretty much at least to my part of the DR until Saturday night-even then he never came near us-no one did), said that a lot of the Valor staff will be leaving to go over to Europe to be on the Freedom.

I had a real issue with this. The piano guy Doug is amazing!! BUT.....you can smoke in the bar. Now I smoke but rarely inside and my mom has bad asthma so she could not enjoy him at ALL. And the issue of stale smoke was really big for me cause it caused concern for my mom.

To answer the other question we did Western Carribean. Great ports.

The 2nd formal night is your day in Cozumel (where I spent an un-holy amount of money!!!)

The pics that are missing are of my best friend's camera and my Belize pics on a water camera that came out so-so.

The Lincoln Dining room was AWSOME!! I was in love with Mr. V-The maitre D, I have a great pic of the 2 of us-(I'm wearing a silver Versace dress)

I think I answered everyone's questions for now.

Archived