S5186 vs S7133

Sunviking

SWMichigan Cruiser

I think I read in one of the threads that you had stayed in both of these cabins. If so, can you tell me about the differences in size of both cabin and veranda. They are our 2 options and we're having a difficult time deciding between them.

Thanks.

Ann

Ann your right we've stayed in both. And we have 5187 booked again for later this year. You can't go wrong with either one in my opinion but 5187 is about 30 sq ft bigger in the the cabin and I think the balcony is about the same size on either cabin.. Either way when you walk out on the balcony for the first time it is really amazing. It is the feature we like the best. Another reason some people may like 5187 better than 7133 it is further away from the people on the Lido deck looking down on you. That is not a big problem for us because your side balcony is huge and covered from people looking onto that part of your balcony. Obviously these are just our preferences but either one are the ones we would book. One other thing is some people may prefer 7133 because its on the same deck as the Neptune Lounge but for us it didn't matter. Hope this helps. Bob

Thanks for the info Bob,

We have 5187 on the oosterdam booked for Jan 2nd. Have found a number f photographs on various sites and we can't wait.

The pictures, however, do show that the cabin itself looks more the size of a Cat ss than an S on the sides of the ship.

The good news is that 5187 and 5186 are both the largest aft S suites on the ship and the balconies look awesome.

Ann I've never stayed in SS cabin so I don't know the sg ft of those but from what I've read the side S suite's are about 395 sq ft and 5187 is smaller in cabin space at about 363 sq ft. Not a lot smaller but smaller none the less. Bet when you get on your balcony the 30 sq ft cabin space you don't have won't make a difference. The aft S suites is what keeps me coming back also the first two trips the pricing was great. Now its only really good pricing but that isn't bad. Enjoy your cruise. Bob

We just returned from the Zuiderdam S5186. The cabin is just as spacious as the side suites which we had last December. The veranda made our trip. It is not private, but we had relatively few people looking down from above. The side section is covered so you will have shade in some area of the veranda most times of the day.

We didn't mind the walk to the Neptune lounge...needed it actually as the food was just wonderful.

The only drawback to the aft suite is quite a bit of noise and vibration at times as the ship picked up speed and expecially in the early morning when coming into ports. Sitting on that veranda at night with the ship's wake and the stars was the best part of the cruise.

SWMichigan Cruiser and Mrs B:

Thanks for the info about the cabins. I think we'll probably go with 5186. We'll need the walk to the Neptune Lounge too. We've had aft cabins on Princess and Celebrity and we really enjoy the large veranda as well. We like to spend a lot of time out there just relaxing with the sound of the wake rushing in the background.

Ann

Archived