Ever been on the "waitlist" ?

Painter

Depends upon who's waitlist you're on.If it's Cunard your chances are excellent , but if it's with your TA then usually each agency has an alloted number of cabins to sell at any particular rate and therefore I'd recommend that you check with a few other agencies.

Has anyone ever been placed on the waitlist? What are the chances of getting a booking?

Waitlisted on the Q.V.- Singapore to Dubi leg.

Do you know your number on the wait list? That is the first thing you should check on. Secondly, there is little you can do betwen now and June when the second deposit is due for the world cruises. That is when a number of folks drop out. Then the second opportunity for a large number of openings is right after final payment comes up in October. That is when Cunard makes all of their room assigments and takes people from the wait lists.

I just made a booking on the QE2 for the 2008 world cruise. Took a MI inside to be guaranteed at least that stateroom. Got a complimentary upgrade when they settle the rooms in October and got placed on the wait list for a Caronia stateroom # 33 on the list.

See if you can get just anything for the leg you wish and then trading up is easier.

Best of luck and relax a there is nothing much one can do at this point but keep in touch with your TA at least once a month.

Thank you all for your view on the subject. I did ask my T.A. to see how far down on the list we are. Cunard weren't able to give him that info... he said ...they implied there was some chance of getting a booking.

Archived