Tell Us About Your Negative Experiences With Table Mates

Acey

If I misinterpreted, that was my error, but instead of clarifying, he chose to jump all over me.

You didn't misinterpret him. If ya read enough of rlimzy posts, he is very careful to leave himself an out with "that's.not.what.i.said". But it IS what he meant, and we all know it. The part where he stated "the plates covered the table" was but a tiny portion of his post, not the focus or point being made. In fact, that's about the only part of his post I agreed with.

But none of it matters anyway. I just want him to come back and enlighten us all with more cruise etiquette. :p I know I'm already having second thoughts about smugglin my booze on board. :rolleyes:

The only thing I apologize for is feeding the troll in the first place.

... If I misinterpreted, that was my error, but instead of clarifying, he chose to jump all over me.

Mona, now STOP IT!:p you said it yourself (feeding the troll), then you say to this just registered 1 post poster (who BTW is probably him) "I'm sorry ..."

do not apologize. he was rude and arrogant to you, just as he is in every post to every person. and if he truly is an attorney, (if he truly even ever graduated and passed the bar), then i wld venture to guess that he is definitely not a litigator. (he'd get creamed. arguments are rants (he just yells and insults) with no basis in fact. and, he's too hot headed -- not able to keep his temper under control. that, in and of itself, is career suicide).

put him on your ignore button.;)

Mona, now STOP IT!:p you said it yourself (feeding the troll), then you say to this just registered 1 post poster (who BTW is probably him) "I'm sorry ..."

do not apologize. he was rude and arrogant to you, just as he is in every post to every person. and if he truly is an attorney, (if he truly even ever graduated and passed the bar), then i wld venture to guess that he is definitely not a litigator. (he'd get creamed. arguments are rants (he just yells and insults) with no basis in fact. and, he's too hot headed -- not able to keep his temper under control. that, in and of itself, is career suicide).

put him on your ignore button.;)

Man.. you're right.

I MUST need a vacation! :D

Mona, let's see if I can get this to work the first time instead of having to take four goes at it.

rlmy's first post was

My sympathies at enduring unsocialized twerps, and self-centered dopes.

About the worst dinner companions my wife and I had were on the last cruise -- Miracle -- at a table for 4. And they weren't "bad" as such, just a little ... um ... high maintenance. They insisted on ordering, every evening, three or four things off the menu, sampling each, and littering the table with umpteen dinner plates. Sometimes it was half the appetizers they'd try, sometimes it would be half the entrees. They needed a sideboard just for them.

I don't think they ever finished one complete course. It was like watching 8 year-old picky eaters at a smorgasbord.

Hey! I got formatting to work! Branching out!

Lets see if I can do it again. you siad:

"Legal action is required for defending myself for being jumped on on a message board?"

I'm trying to be "tongue in cheek" here. Isn't that what you said you were trying to be when you origianlly challenged him? I didn't read you as being "tongue in cheek" personally, and it appears he didn't either. I read it is "how dare you!!!" I'd say it was you doing the jumping.

And he dares, as do I, because people who pick their noses without thinking are rude. People who do anything that gets in other peoples way without thinking are rude. And all that usually needs to be done is to ask permission or apologize pre-emptively for what may be rude.

Stuart, if this topic is anything to go by, the difference between what you say and "what you mean" is that as long as you have a good time you don't care how many you have to plow over in the process. Including cruise rules, which have a fair amount of legal necessity behind them. Like smuggling alcohol. Any number of federal laws are broken in that one. I could probably get you off, and I could also argue a good case for giving you a hefty fine. My job is to see all kinda of sides to things.

Now I'm not trying to be difficult here, or play lawyer too heavily and parse you too finely, but that's my read. rmlzy was a lot more cordial for a lot longer than several of the people shouting at him.

cross your fingers on submitting the reply ...

Stuart, if this topic is anything to go by, the difference between what you say and "what you mean" is that as long as you have a good time you don't care how many you have to plow over in the process. Including cruise rules, which have a fair amount of legal necessity behind them. Like smuggling alcohol. Any number of federal laws are broken in that one. I could probably get you off, and I could also argue a good case for giving you a hefty fine. My job is to see all kinda of sides to things.

Now I'm not trying to be difficult here, or play lawyer too heavily and parse you too finely, but that's my read. rmlzy was a lot more cordial for a lot longer than several of the people shouting at him.

cross your fingers on submitting the reply ...

Ok, show me one Federal Law as it pertains to smuggling alcohol on board a cruise ship. At least then I can know I will need to retain counsel if I am caught.

As for the "good time" comment, whom have I plowed over? I prefer to have a good time. Life is too short not to. I do not see my "having a drink" with my self supplied booze as "plowing over" anyone. Please explain your line of thinking here.

he's just so evil in every post to every poster and has never once had anything of value to offer.

Find anything I've said that's "evil". Please. I'd like to know.

God knows you're not shy about criticising me, so it oughta be easy.

On our first RCCL cruise, we were seated with two older ladies (sisters) and the son of one of them (mid-40's at least) and his girlfriend (same age). The son was always slumped over and looking miserable. His girlfriend spent so much time talking about his deficiencies, we felt sorry for him. The older ladies kept the chatter going with the girlfriend, but also kept wanting to look over the balcony (we were on the second floor of the three story dining room in the Voyager) to see where her other son and the rest of the family was sitting. Well, after a couple of days, we spoke with the matre 'de (sp?) and asked if he could arrange for these four to be seated with the rest of their family. The older ladies kept saying how they wished they could sit with the GOOD son. (Can you imagine how the poor guy at our table felt?) Anyway, the next night, the "good son" and his wife come up to our table to tell the ladies, his brother, and the girlfriend that they would not be happy down there. They'd be stuck in a corner near the kitchen at a terrible table. Besides there was no room at their table and it was so noisy at their table (next to the captain's table) that they'd have too much trouble hearing anything. They were so much better off where they were. (Can you see how obvious it was that he didn't want them anywhere near him?) After listening to him and his wife, we felt so sorry for these four! We went out of our way to try to make them comfortable and draw them into conversation for the rest of the cruise.

My wife and I were assigned a table for six. One couple never showed up the entire cruise. The problem was with the other couple. They were originally from Tanzania and spoke very little English. They were very nice, but the language problem caused dinner to be an ordeal. No matter what was on the menu the gentleman ordered a steak well done every night. The lady chewed with her mouth open. It was not a good experience.

Has everyone here read the guidelines? You know, the one about only being allowed one account?? Just wanted to check... call it my PSA of the day :p LMAO!!!!!

WHO GIVES A CRAP what others order!!! They bring it out one at a time. If you are going to be so bothered by what others eat on their vacation, request a table by yourself... my goodness the things that people get so upset about. MIND YOUR OWN STINKING BUSINESS... is that such a tough concept? If you are so worried about what others are eating, you have bigger issues than anyone at CC can help you with.

Now, I'm not a lawyer, but I play one on CC :rolleyes:

On one of my first cruises a friend and I were seated at a table with a newlywed couple which stayed drunk. I usually don't have a problem with public displays of affection, but this couple was way over the top.

The "lady" was doing her best to show as much cleavage as possible (and she was quite large) and several times pulled her husbands face between her breasts and would shake back and forth. She would then laugh hysterically. She did this over and over, night after night.

The last night of the cruise the husband was clearly drunk, and smelled like a sewer. About half way through his meal he puked all over the table. His wife yelled at him, and then slapped him the back of the head. He started crying. She left the table, and few seconds later he did too.

We were given a clean table, but, needless to say, our appetite was gone.

The last night of the cruise the husband was clearly drunk, and smelled like a sewer. About half way through his meal he puked all over the table. His wife yelled at him, and then slapped him the back of the head. He started crying. She left the table, and few seconds later he did too.

We were given a clean table, but, needless to say, our appetite was gone.

This is, without a doubt, the winner of the Bad Tablemates contest!! :eek:

Archived