Caribbean Princess - plaza deck inside cabin

TwinCruiserMom

Please advise me on the location of these cabins- plaza 231 and 235. Will we feel a lot of sway since they are pretty far forward? Is this a noisy area? I noticed there is a dining room on that floor and the theatre above. These cabins look like the best deal we are going to get for our family of 5 and any advice would be most appreciated!

Thanks!

Please advise me on the location of these cabins- plaza 231 and 235. Will we feel a lot of sway since they are pretty far forward? Is this a noisy area? I noticed there is a dining room on that floor and the theatre above. These cabins look like the best deal we are going to get for our family of 5 and any advice would be most appreciated!

Thanks!

http://www.princess.com/ships/cb/deck/cb_plaza_index.html

deck_cb_plaza_main.png

Last spring we had inside cabin L249 on the Lido deck. It was in the forward part of the ship, like the cabins you asked about, but higher up. We felt a little more motion than we had on past cruises, but that could also have been due to the fact that we were higher. We've been told that the lower in the ship, and closer to the center, the less the motion is felt. In any case, the motion was gentle enough to rock us to sleep, but it did not in any way make us uncomfortable.

Thank you all for the quick response, especially from tigre8664! I am glad to hear you did not have excessive motion in your cabin.

I guess I am mostly worried about sway as one of my sons gets a little motion sick at times. I would have rather been more midship, but there is the budget issue to consider. I would rather spend extra on excursions instead of a room we just plan to sleep in.

Anyone else stay on this deck or have any thoughts on these cabins?

Thanks!

My daughter hubby and kids and her friends had these cabins last year and had no problem with excessive motion. Just remember, weather plays an important part in movement. Buy the kids some ginger snaps and have them eat them in the am and pm before bed every day. Ginger is good for motion sickness. Also ginger caps can be purchased at the vit. store. My dr suggests these instead of other medications. Anything made with ginger. I always carry them with me no matter where i go in car, air, train or ship. Make it a daily thing for about 2 weeks prior to sailing. The kids will get used to them. They are good for you and will help keep their system going.

We were in P209 and P211 a few weeks ago and were very pleased with how quiet it was on that hallway (your cabins would be a little more midship and across the hall.) This is basically a dead end hallway (except there are some crew quarters way far forward.) There was some movement on the days where the weather was rougher, but not anything that was disturbing -- I tend to get queasy, but not seasick. The only time I heard the theater was when I was in the hallway, but I heard absolutely nothing inside the cabin. One of the best things about this location is that you get to walk through the art gallery to your cabins and it's VERY near the delicious chocolate chip cookies at the International Cafe! Our steward, Enrique, was fabulous, but I know he's going on a break January 30th. Don't know when/if he'll be back and if he'll have the same hallway. I'd say go for those cabins!

Thanks again for the great responses! I am very happy to hear from those of you who had cabins in that area. I thought it looked like a quieter area and I am glad to here you confirm that!

We booked the cruise after these great responses!

I will be on the lookout for those yummy cookies!

Thanks

We LOVE the Plaza deck and choose it every time! We are a family of four and find it very convenient as we have a meeting place (the atrium) near by. It is very quiet as their aren't that many passengers in that area.

• 3 years later...

Plaza deck in the 300's are the best inside and OV cabins on the Caribbean Princess. No noise, little motion and so close to the International cafe and dining rooms.

The only disadvantage that We could imagine is that in the event of the ship sinking, we would be the first to go under.

• 1 month later...

Archived