Snorkeling on Princess Cays

davnjnet

We thought it was the best snorkeling on the trip. When you get off of the tender, take a left. You will see a little gazebo out in the water, the best snorkeling we found was on either side of that. Nice reef, very clear water, and not too many people.

We brought our own stuff but they have it there for rent if you don't want to lug it along.

In the past Princess used to sell fish food pellets at the divelocker on the ship. Not sure if they still do. I have heard of people bringing a couple of dog biscuts along from home. I have taken cheerios from the breakfast buffet and out them in a ziplock bag. My brother has used a banana to great effect.

Mike

In the past Princess used to sell fish food pellets at the divelocker on the ship. Not sure if they still do. I have heard of people bringing a couple of dog biscuts along from home. I have taken cheerios from the breakfast buffet and out them in a ziplock bag. My brother has used a banana to great effect.

Mike

We snorkeled there last month with our own snorkels and masks. The water was fairly clear and cool but not too cold. There's no live coral but there are some colorful fish. People on the pier were throwing food down into the water, which attracted a lot of fish.

Overall I'd give it a C- compared to the snorkeling we've done in other places (St. John, Cozumel, Grand Cayman, etc.)

I agree that it's not Grand Cayman, but I think the snorkeling is good when the water is clear. I think it's an especially good place for children to learn to snorkle. There are quite a lot of small (unintimidating!) fish in shallower water. If you go to the gazebo, you don't even need to snorkle when the water is clear -- just take a seat and watch.

DH thought this was the best snorkeling ever. OK, he hit the Horizon Court Buffet before leaving the ship, then he found the barbeque food on the island. He has always had a problem saying no to good food.:p Now, remember when Mom used to tell you to wait half an hour before swimming after lunch? He didn't. :( Within a few minutes he barfed, and the fish loved it! Gross!! :eek: He was attacked by nearly every fish within range! He was totally embarrassed, but soon forgot when he enjoyed the best array of sea-life ever. Note: I DO NOT reccommend this to other passengers.

Archived