Live from the Wind

Ocean Spirit

We were late leaving Fanning Island due to a lady not returning to the ship and they had to search for her. We just got the announcement from the Captain that we were the closest vessel to a distress call for a medical emergency so we have changed course to pick him up from a fishing boat. Therefore the combination on leaving late and going off course, we are missing Kauai all together.

By the way, Fanning was beautiful.

Wow merg55, how exciting!, sorry to hear you will be missing Kauai. We will be boarding as you are getting off so we enjoy your postings. It was rough you mentioned on the way to Fanning, have things calmed down? How has the entertainment been ? Thanks again Tom

Merg55,

Trust you are enjoying the cruise, glad you enjoyed Fanning .. did you get to Napali Beach or just tour around the 'public' areas.

Hope you agree that although 'older' (and smaller) than current cruise liners the Wind is still a great experience, I don't know how other 'liners' are laid out but we had no difficulty getting around after a day or so.

Hope the weather picks up for you, we also endured less than perfect weather conditions but at least we did not have to miss any ports (good reason for you to go back and visit Kauai at a later stage).

Will be good to see your final wrap up of your cruise

AND ...... I'm envious of you lot that get to go over the next few months.

Stay safe Tom.

I was there, you need to post a pic Merg so I can see if I recognize you from the cruise.

From the gossip I heard, the passenger was a Phillipino on a fishing boat that came out of Honolulu. His leg was broken, bone completely separated in the lower leg. We picked him up and they splinted the leg in the medical center and we dropped him off to go to the hospital in Maui.

What a fascinating experience, the dangerous high seas rescue was better than anything I've ever seen on "Deadliest Catch" because it was right there in front of us. The crew who rescued him were very brave...risked their lives right in front of the entire ship.

Amazing.

What a fascinating experience, the dangerous high seas rescue was better than anything I've ever seen on "Deadliest Catch" because it was right there in front of us. The crew who rescued him were very brave...risked their lives right in front of the entire ship.

Amazing.

Hope you got pictures!

Archived