Nassau on a Sunday

Excited about Cruising

We'll be in Nassau in a few weeks. We are actually coming in on Sat at 10:00 PM but we have young kids with us so I don't think we'll be getting off that night. But when we do get off on Sunday, any suggestions? We leave at 1:00 so that doesn't leave us alot of time. Also, is the Straw Market open on Sundays?

You are right. You don't want to get off the ship that night. There is not a lot opened on Sunday. Those that are opened close around noon. I don't believe the Straw Market is opened, but no big deal. You can visit little shops downtown.

"The Straw Market of Nassau Bahamas is open 7 days a week, from about 7am to 8pm. Tourists should note, however, that the Straw Market of Nassau Bahamas is run like a farmer’s market, with every vendor setting his or her own hours. About 200 vendors will comprise the market on a typical day, and tourists hoping to visit the market at its liveliest should visit during the middle of the day or afternoon. Anyone wanting to avoid the crowds should try the early morning or late evening."

I have seen sites that say the Market is closed on Sundays & have seen others that say it is closed, guess I'll just ahve to wait till I get there onSunday & find out for myself.

Archived