Phil Lafayette Tour

jerseygirl45

Every driver has thier own customized "Ocho Rios Highlights" tour. YOu basically see the same things and if you have hired a good driver you cannot go wrong.

My recommendation will be to ensure that you hire a JUTA driver and many of them work independently and may be able to cut you a better deal than if you were to book through the cruise ships or through JUTA directly.

Phil is a good drive, but spread the love around and hire someone else as long as they are JUTA endorsed.

My preference would be Wilson Tours. My wife fell in love with Chris when we first visited the island and we were lost as what we wanted to do. We met Chris by accident and decided to give him a chance. We told him to take us "somewhere" for the day and he gave us his "highlight" tour of the island and it is someting we will neve forget.

If you'd like his number or email, let me know.

If you stay on the ship in Ocho RIos you are missing one REMARKABLE experience.

Do some research and see what you do/do not want to do in Ocho Rios. If you are undecided, you definately need a driver to suggest something. I have friends that used Chris Wilson adn they had a great time.

Do your homework, enjoy the island, and do as much or as little as you want and you will "fall in love" with Jamaica.

No problem, mon.

We did the Highlights Tour with Phil last week. We climbed the falls, tubed down the river, went shopping, stopped at a restraunt and did a 45 minute driving tour. He was great and will customize your tour to do what interests your group. You will have a great time.

Go with Phil!!! He is absolutely outstanding.:) He will show you the city, take you where you want to go, and he even sings! No matter how many you might have on your van, Phil will know everyone's name and who's with who. He is very proud of Jamaica but he realizes that everyone else you are with is also proud of their country.

I've been on many cruise excursions, but Phil is the most memorable guide I've ever used.

You will not be sorry.:)

Keith

We toured with Phil a few years ago, would highly recommend him. We were adults and 5 pre-teens and teens. Phil played a game with us 1 word to descirbe ourselves using the first letter of our names. He knew all our names

once we did that. He is extremely friendly, very knowledgeable and will alter the tour to what interests you. The only time he wasn't with us was when we climed the falls, he hooked us up with one of the falls guides. We also asked him for a local place for lunch when we returned to the port, and he not only directed us to a wonderful little local restaurant, we went with us.

We used Phil as our tour guide a few years ago, we were 3 adults and 5 pre-teens and teens. He was wonderful and especially attentive to the young ones. He played this game, where he asked us to use the first letter of our first name to descirbe ourselves..he had all our names remembered after that.

He will alter your tour to your requests. The only time we weren't with Phil was when we climed the falls, he left us in the hands of a very qualified falls guide. When we returned to the port, we asked for a local restuarant, and he not only told us where to eat, he took us there and joined us for lunch.

You can't go wrong with Phil as your guide in Ocho Rios.

Have a great cruise,

Nancy

Archived