Shore Excursions on Grand Princess

BBG

I am sailing on the Grand Princess in April. We will be traveling to Majahual, Roatan, Belize City, and Cozumel. There are a lot of shore excursions to pick from and I would advice from anyone who has taken this trip before. I am interested in excursions that involve seeing the Maya ruins, ziplines, snorkeling, etc. I'm not really into city bus tours. Any information about trips to take (or avoid :D) would be appreciated!

We were on the 12/16/06 sailing. If you go to the Ports of Call section, you will find tons of information on each port.

We went to the ruins in Majahual & Belize. Hired drivers for Roatan (included ziplining & snorkeling) & Cozumel (included snorkeling & parasailing). All were independent tours except for Belize where we went through the ship. Favorite port was Roatan & I'm sure partly because of our guide/driver.

I have just got off the Grand. I heard a lot of favourable comments about the ship's zipline tour in Roatan (12 lines I believe).

I went on the cave tubing in Belize which had an interesting drive out to the caves and then a peaceful float for about 30minutes through a massive cave. It was a well organized tour and again I heard favourable comments about the organzation of the tours in Belize.

Tulum on the mainland from Cozumel was an all day journey but I thoroughly enjoyed that earlier this year.

I hope you have a wonderful cruise - I did :)

I appreciate the information. I followed the ports of call link and found LOTS of information to read. I am new to Cruise Critic and am still finding my way around this site. Thanks again!

Just got home from our trip on the Grand.

We did the Beach Break in Costa Maya/Majahual---it was okay--probably something out there more interesting.

Roatan: Canopy Tour/Tabyana Beach---Fantastic!!! This was a favorite with alot of people---reserve early. This is one of the most beautiful places I have had the privilege to visit. Very safe and very well organized.

Belize: Cave Tubing----Fantastic!!! Reserve this one early too. Great tour guide gives lots of info about this beautiful place.

Cozumel: Catamaran Sail/snorkeling---Great excursion--lots of fun.

TXKristi - Do you remember the name of the boat or the skipper for your catamaran excursion in Costa Maya? How big was the boat? We are signed up for the same excursion in March and were wondering if it might be the same guy as when we went with Royal Caribbean last April. He was a real hoot! Thanks!

Archived