Courtyard Villa - More take aways

hkcouple

Could you clarify this? The courtyard villa is the same space as the AB penthouse. Or does the Courtyard villa offer anything more? When booking the Gem, is the deckplan the same as the Pearl?

Eileen - same exact layout as an AB. The difference is access to the courtyard area. Elevator to 14 no problem for access, The A2s on deck 15 require use of stairs. Deckplan should be the same.

On the Jewel there were exterior stairs all the way aft on either side of the private deck 15 sundecks. These are gated at the bottom but you can just unlatch the gate and walk out on deck 13. I would bet there is no gate at the bottom of the public deck 15 sundeck on the Pearl. These decks are designed as an emergency exit as well. On the Jewel I could walk out of the concierge lounge emergency exit, on to my garden villa sundeck and through a bulkhead to the courtyard private sundeck. In an emeregency I could proceed down the aft stairs and on to deck 13. It does seem that NCL is taking a lot of the perks away for CY Villas. As an earlier poster mentioned there is not as much advantage over an AB as there was when the Jewel first sailed.

Archived