Postive Costa Posts Anyone?

cajuncrewmate

Anyone recently returned from Costa cruise have any positive stories to tell? Friendly staff, great cruise sponsored excursion, excellent meal? Just trying to keep things light - cannot wait until our cruise in March. Want to keep that excitement at an all time high! :D

• 2 weeks later...

We sailed on Magica last spring and had a great time. We have sailed several times with Carnival, RCC and HAL. What we enjoyed the most was the change in activities. We felt that Costa had the expected activities, Newly Wed Game, game show, etc., but also had added some different ones that we enjoyed. One evening they changed each lounge into a 20 minute show/activity venue and cruisers went from lounge to lounge. Of course the Toga Night still remains our most memorable activity of all of our cruises. Currently it looks like the prices must be mentioned as a positive. We are sailing on the Feb. 25 Mediterranea and bringing relatives along with us. From these boards I have learned about the x1 drink package and am sure we will all enjoy this.

That is great news! I think in general one tends to hear negative things. Everyone's experience is different ... we are just looking forward to something different... even if we are in the minority as far as english speaking/etc. We'll just have to learn on our Eastern Med. cruise to go with the flow and enjoy things as they come. I guess out of all the things I've heard I'm most nervous about the food. We've been on RCCL, NCL, Celebrity, and Princess. We thought Princess/NCL had best food... am looking forward to trying the Italian flavor on Costa. We both love Pasta... hopefully it will be GREAT!

For what it's worth, I am Italian as well as a very good cook, so I'm told. I just returned from the western 7 day cruise aboard the Magica and all of us who traveled, and there were 13 in our party, felt that the food was not to our liking. The pasta was very under al dente to the point of almost being raw. You will definately be full and satisfied, don't get me wrong, but do not expect great things just because it is an Italian cruise line. The pastries were very disappointing and with little choices. I never saw Tiramasu or cannolis. Like many things in life, there is always good to find with plenty of negative things near by. Some are just more apparent than others.

We sailed last year on the Magica, and are leaving in about 2 weeks to do it all again. I found EVERYTHING about Costa to be top notch. The food- superb. They have the greenest, tastiest lettuce I have ever had. The desserts were fab. The staff did have more of a language barrier than on other lines, but I never wanted for anything!

The only entertainment I didn't care for was the Italian singer; however, every other show and activity was a hoot. Toga night? Can't wait.

Of course, everyone's mileage may vary, but I think you can't go wrong with Costa. Counting the days...

On our cruise on the Costa Atlantica the Maitre Di asked how our meal was. My wife said that it was good but when was eggplant parmigiana going to be on the menu. He said that there were no plans for it on this cruise, but when we were in port he'd see what he could do. The next evening our table all received a side dish of eggplant parmigiana and it was delicious. We thanked him and were sure to leave a little extra tip for him. All in all we enjoyed all of our cruise with Costa.

Bob

On our cruise on the Costa Atlantica the Maitre Di asked how our meal was. My wife said that it was good but when was eggplant parmigiana going to be on the menu. He said that there were no plans for it on this cruise, but when we were in port he'd see what he could do. The next evening our table all received a side dish of eggplant parmigiana and it was delicious. We thanked him and were sure to leave a little extra tip for him. All in all we enjoyed all of our cruise with Costa.

Bob

CTBOB,

That reminds me, on our Magica cruise 2 weeks ago, we got talking with the Maitre'D

about how much we love Indian (as from INDIA) food. He did mention they have a few Indian chefs onboard and introduced us to one of them.The following night we had:

Chapati/Nan (Indian flat bread) in plain and garlic flavor

Pappadoms (huge flat crisp-like cracker) Plain and Spicy

Samosas (stuffed pastry) Vegetable and Meat-filled

Tandoori Chicken

Curry Lamb

Basmati Rice

Boy was it good!!!!

From my experience, with most cruise-lines (Princess are also very good at this) if you give them like 24 hours notice of anything special you'd like to eat, 7 out of 10 times they'll accomodate you.

We were on the Mediterranea Jan 21-28, 2007, our first Costa cruise and 5th overall. The ship is beautiful and very clean. Our room, a Panorama Suite was fabulous as was the service provided by our room steward and our butler (comes with the suite). Embarkation and debarkation went very smooth. We ate in the dining room every night except for once when we ate at Club Medusa. Food was good, service was a little slow.. We had a light breakfast delivered to our room every morning, coffee and rolls on the balcony. I'm not a buffet person but we did have 1 breakfast and 1 lunch there, again the food was good. I never got to try the pizza, maybe next time. We are booked again next year, same ship-same cabin, for the Concerts at Sea again, that's what made this cruise the most fun of all. For the price, Costa is a great cruise line.

Archived