bungee jumping

Ms Understood

We saw bungee jumping (We did not participate) at two places in Queenstown. One was from a bridge over a gorge outside of town. This is reputed to be the place where bungee jumping originated. I have no pictures of this site. They also have a bungee jumping site just above Queenstown from Bob’s Peak. They also do a lot of hang gliding around Queenstown.

Bob's Peak, Queenstown, NZ

Does anyone know where one could go bungee jumping in either Australia or New Zealand?
A J Hackett is the original commerical bungy jumping operator.

In New Zealand, they operate at Queenstown and Auckland.

In Australia, they operate at Cairns.

I did my one (and so far only) jump at the Kawarau Bridge in Queenstown. Good for beginners. But from a cruise, the Auckland jump may be the easier one to get to.

Good on you for thinking about this sport but please be careful. many years ago now (maybe 7 I think) my good friend was on a 18-35s tour of NZ and decided to BJ and on her way down was hit by a bird.... or maybe she hit the bird..... and ended up with the beak about 1 cm from her eye embedded in her cheek. Thankfully there were no permanent injuries but she was rushed to hospital and blood was everywhere.... as you can imagine.

Also, it is not too uncommon to have retinas stretched or even snap - please know what you are doing and know the risks before you decide! Have fun and good luck!

Mark.

In New Zealand, they operate at Queenstown and Auckland.

In Australia, they operate at Cairns.

I did my one (and so far only) jump at the Kawarau Bridge in Queenstown. Good for beginners. But from a cruise, the Auckland jump may be the easier one to get to.

The Auckland Sky Tower jump is not a true bungee, its a controlled decent between two guide wires, but its still pretty high. Regards Ian {tauranga]

Does anyone know where one could go bungee jumping in either Australia or New Zealand? We are on the Sapphire Princess Feb 28 to Mar 12 and don't see any bungees in Princess' shore excursions, what about it Ian?

You can bungee in Rotorua and Taupo as well, Rotorua one is at the Agrodome, the Taupo one is over the Waikaoto river close to the town centre. Regards Ian [Tauranga] sorry about slow reply, busy with the Sapphire Princess over the last few days.

• 1 month later...

I did my one (and so far only) jump at the Kawarau Bridge in Queenstown. Good for beginners.

We visited this site on a post cruise trip to Queenstown........and we were treated to a totally nude couple......making a jump from the Kasarau Bridge.......and we (and lots of other people) have the photos to prove it........:) :) :)

We visited this site on a post cruise trip to Queenstown........and we were treated to a totally nude couple......making a jump from the Kasarau Bridge.......and we (and lots of other people) have the photos to prove it........:) :) :)

I dare you to post them! :D

Archived