PCD: Post Cruise Depression

Euphemus

Hello all,

This is my first post although I've been reading the RC board since before my cruise on the Explorer in December.

I'm wondering how you all handle PCD (Post Cruise Depression).:) I've only taken 3 cruises, but have spent about 3 weeks in a funk after each of them! It's funny when the CD makes a joke about it on the last night of the cruise (Oh...no one's going to be there to fold your towels into the shape of animal when you get home...HAHAHA) and it's not that I really want someone to do that...but I do miss shipboard life, the routine, the sea air, the conversations with new people, etc...

On one hand it makes me want to book a cruise again immediately, but then I think "1 week cruise = 3 weeks depression" and I'm just bargaining for more 'down time' the more cruises I take! I would hate to think it were a mathematical progression (14 day cruise = *6* weeks of depression).:eek:

Maybe I should just never get off the cruise?

How do you all handle the days and weeks after you return to normal life??? What do you do?

is that final morning for us to go home. I want to be last off & we are when we fly in the afternoon but as Diamond we are usually first off.

Another gal discribed her exit as leaving claw marks in the flooring which I can relate to. I am a Queen at home with a wonderful husband, but having my meals prepared, stateroom cleaned, gifts left, towel animals & always greeted like a best friend by many is missed. The parties, the specialty coffees, the excellent cocktails in their cute take home glasses just don't feel the same in that glass when I do them.

But I always have another one to get exited with it's coming, usally a year to 16 months ahead either booked onboard for the OBC to spend, or ahead with a great deal with my TA. We are AFT CORNER or at least AFT. Those go fast, so you have to know what you want when the deal is available. We are!

So Post Cruise Depression isn't a factor, since we have the movies & photos to enjoy, and the next cruise in the picture to be excited over.

I would be happy to assist in taking on your post-cruise depression for you. Simply book another cruise and I will happily go in your place, assuming the full risk of experiencing the post cruise depression in lieu of you having to suffer through it yourself. :rolleyes: ;) :D

Archived