Riviera deck question

waterlily22

Hi everyone,

We just booked a New Years cruise aboard the Dawn Princess. There were only a few BA balcony cabins left, we chose one on the Riviera deck. I noticed that the Horizon Court is directly above the Riviera deck and wondered if there would be a lot of noise from either the kitchen, or carts being rolled around.

I would appreciate any information regarding noise or the lack of noise from any who have been in these cabins on any of the Sun class ships.

Thank you very much!

We had an inside cabin on Riviera on the Sun and there was a little noise early morning. The balcony cabins would not have any as they would be under the seating area. The slight rolling of wheels that we had was very faint and it took us awhile to figure out what it was. We loved the Riviera Deck and are trying to get back up there for our cruise on the Dawn in March.

waterlily22,

Welcome to CC.

We have been in R349 on the Dawn and never heard any noise at all from Horizon Court. Also, we loved this location because Horizon was so close - but even better was the quick access to the Riviera Pool.

Have a wonderful cruise.
Sharon

Only a few cabins...one cannot get lost in long corridors,just a few steps upstairs to get a snack.........plus open deck and pools all there.
Last year 2003 I did have one bad occurance at 12.30AM nearly fell out of my twin bed from a loud bang which shook the cabin number R305.
Went down to pursers desk to report in my Princess robe and slippers.Two guys came up and looked around came up with nothing.They were vacuuming in Horizon Court,but said they hadnot dropped anything.
Otherwise apart from that ,and have cruised on that deck before nothing.Oh my next trip is booked on Riviera Deck my favorite.

we just returned from the Caribbean Princess and could not beleive the noise above our cabin coming from the Lido deck. I dont know what was directly above us, but it was loud. Alot of feet stomping etc. We were in R341. We heard it every afternoon and late evening. I would not stay on Riveria again
Suzanne

We were on the Riviera Deck on the Sun last November, we had a BA just inside the doors from the pool. We loved it!!! It was quiet............well, we could faintly hear the band out by the pool as we sat on our balcony in the afternoon. We would book the Riviera Deck again in a heartbeat!!! It was so convenient..............

Thank you Mina, Perky1, Crusdiva, Kruisey, Suzw, DesrtDrmr!
I appreciate your quick responses, and sharing your advice and experiences. The location of these cabins seems very convenient, we liked the idea of being close to pools, sodas and snacks. We are eagerly anticipating this cruise as we have greatly enjoyed our previous Princess cruises. We have never been anywhere like this for New Years, so it will be very special.

Kruisey,
Glad you didn't actually fall out of bed and hurt anything......what a way to get woken up! At least you found out the ship didn't hit anything. I agree that these cabins have great access, and also like the idea of there not being an entire deck of them. I would think there would be much less traffic and noise.

Archived