Atlantis - wheelchair friendly?

polly57

I'm headed on a cruise next week with my mom. She has a heart condition and can not walk long distances so she uses a wheelchair for that but can climb short steps and such. How much would there be for her to do at Atlantis? THANKS!!!

i took my in laws there dec 2006. my mother in law was in a wheelchair. they have access just about everywhere and are very helpful. In fact, I booked a room for the day on exp*** (the cheapest) and seeing her they gave me the coral tower and 4 keys (I only expected 2).

I would like to take my mother (an amputee & dialysis patient) on a cruise........any suggestions.... I know there are many places to search but if someone could get me pointed in the right direction would be a HUMONGOUS help!!!!! :D PLEASE HELP.....SHE IS DRIVING ME CRAZY!!!

I'm confined to a wheelchair. I've always cruised on Princess because I feel they are very accomodating............if you have a good thing stick with it...but most other lines get good comments as well.

If you will always be there to push her in the chair you could go most anywhere. The ships have some 'barriers' but it'll be no problem if you are near.

If it were my choice, I'd go to the Caribbean but you should go to the area that interests you most. Cruising is a good way to travel for those of us in a chair. You can see alot with minimum effort..........just have fun!

Archived