Voyager Corner Aft 6688 or Foreward Hump 6612/6614?

In the Pink

for those two choices-- as much as i love the aft balconies-- the aft on deck 6 overlooks a deck-- not the water.

also--please be aware that the voyager balconies on deck 6 are enclosed with metal and not plexiglass. I will send up photos when i get to work.

In the Pink-- if you look at deck plans "HUMP" cabins are located midship where the cabins jut out the sides of the ship. with these cabins you can look back and forward. (not that people do that as they usually look stright out)

Thanks for the reply, Serene! I do understand that the hump cabins jut out, so you should be able to look forward and back..... but it seems like that would only be true if you were on the farthest cabin out. If I'm in the front of the hump, it seems like I would only be able to look forward, and that the balcony next door would be able to look back into my balcony.

I've seen pics of the balcony in 6688, and the deck that's outside. I wish I could see pics of the balconies in the front of the hump.

Thanks again.

Still hoping to hear from someone who's been in the hump cabins.

I would say stay away from the aft cabin. I was in the royal family suite on Voyager on deck 9. You can see from these two photos that the cabin should have been noted as 'obstructed view' ...

aft2.jpg

aft1.jpg

That and when you looked down you saw a crew-only deck.

If the view doesn't bother you, the soot might. Every time we went outside we had to wipe everything down with a damp towel or we ended up with black stains all over our backsides.

Thanks, Jersey. I've seen quite a few photos and read very descriptive reports of exactly what my aft balcony is like. Nobody said anything about soot. I wonder if that is because you were closer to the stack?

We're willing to live with the "obstructed view" as it was the only aft balcony we could get and we would rather have it than none. My question remains as to the view from the hump... particularly the front of the hump.

Thanks, Jersey. I've seen quite a few photos and read very descriptive reports of exactly what my aft balcony is like. Nobody said anything about soot. I wonder if that is because you were closer to the stack?.

Could be ... We had to figure the whole soot thing out the hard way. You would have thought our cabin steward might have mentioned it ... perhaps he might have if we ever saw him. (sorry, couldn't resist the dig on RCCL).

Did you search webshots? Found this of the outside aft ...

55592199iINeZE_th.jpg

We're willing to live with the "obstructed view" as it was the only aft balcony we could get and we would rather have it than none. My question remains as to the view from the hump... particularly the front of the hump.

I wish I could help you there. I've never been on the "hump". Personally If I had a photo looking down towards the wake it might make your decision. I was up high enough to look down past the deck below, but from deck 6 you will probably only be looking back and not down at the water.

Did you search webshots?

Yes, have seen photos of this particular cabin, the balcony, and it's view.

from deck 6 you will probably only be looking back and not down at the water.

Yes, you're right, but DH has seen the photos also, and realizes that and has now said he wants the aft balcony even if that's the case. It's available, and it's a stretch for us financially anyway, so it's what we're going with. For our first balcony, I think it'll be great.

For our first balcony, I think it'll be great.

It will be. I must say that despite the absent steward, the soot, the obstructed view, we always have a good time. Things are what you make of them. It's vacation after all. Enjoy your trip.

In the Pink, we have not had an aft balcony, but we have had a hump balcony. We had the very front one, just heading into the hump from the flat part of the ship. The balcony was neat, and a bit bigger because of the odd shape. Our friends with a regular hump balcony were envious. :) We could see toward the front of the ship, but not toward the back........but it wasn't worriesome. We had cabin # 9310, which would be the same balcony as #6310, and you can see the shape of the balcony.

Have a great cruise, and enjoy your balcony, they are wonderful!

I was just hoping not to have to walk so dadgummed far!

Oh yeah ... there is that. I had forgotten about that walk ... particularly annoying when you forgot something on your way to the theater all the way forward and have to go (read that run) back to the cabin.:)

oh that walk to the elevator IS long. lol but look at the bright side.. you can eat more.

AFt cabins are also warmer then the side ones. No ocean breezes like the side balconies.

We stayed on deck 8 and had no soot problems but I am also in a habit of wiping everything down in the morning before we use it. Do NOT hang out anything to dry--especially overnight

Archived