What to you do with luggage??

MeganMamaw

Yes, it's safe. They put luggage in a huge milk crate type container, move by forklift and store in a big connex. After the morning train has arrived and all arriving passengers and luggage are gone, they put it on the luggage car. Once you leave your luggage at the depot you will not have access till Anch that night. It's another security that prevents anyone other than railroad employees to have access. The depot has atleast one employee around all day.

• 2 months later...

so does anyone know about visa versa?

If I take the early morning train from Anchorage to Seward (arriving around 11ish) and I have several hours before ship check in (not till 4 or 5pm) and I'd like to go visit the sealife aquarium, what are my options regarding my luggage? Can I leave it at the train station? Or should I take it to the ship before heading off (can I even do that so much earlier than check in?? Don't even know if the ship will be there yet!)

so does anyone know about visa versa?

If I take the early morning train from Anchorage to Seward (arriving around 11ish) and I have several hours before ship check in (not till 4 or 5pm) and I'd like to go visit the sealife aquarium, what are my options regarding my luggage? Can I leave it at the train station? Or should I take it to the ship before heading off (can I even do that so much earlier than check in?? Don't even know if the ship will be there yet!)

There is no storage at the depot, you would take a cab to the ship and drop it off.

Archived