Cabin 737 or 759 on voyager?

theswimmer

I read some of the previous threads which scared me off from getting the Voyager category H guarantee cabin due to the possibility of ending up in the aft with the vibration problems.

And there are no category G deck 6 mid-ship cabins available, so...

Which cabin would be preferable, 737 or 759? Regent's site shows that 737 has a 3-guest capacity, does that mean the cabin is any larger? Or just that the sofa is a pull-out bed?

3 guest capacity just means that the sofa is a pull-out bed. I would choose 759 because if you look at the deck six plan you will see there is a lifeboat under 737. That is not a big problem, but you cannot look straight down from your balcony because the lifeboat will be there.

I would take 717. There is no life boat under that suite. The closer to the bow the smoother it will be. We were on deck 7 a few years ago and we loved it. This past Dec we were on deck 10 and you could feel the difference in the movement of the ship. For that reason we will be on deck 8 next December. Enjoy your cruise, you will love the Voyager!!

Hi,

I would take 717. Less money and, to me, better location. As I mentioned, my only time on Voyager was in an aft cabin (ugh!) but I have been twice on Navigator on their front cabins and I never had any problem. Granted, is a different ship.

Good luck!

On Navigator, you need to be towards the front to not experience the vibration which is definitely strong.

On Voyager, take 737. It's dead center and contrary to comments above, the closer you are to midship, the smoother your ride. Think of it as a seesaw. The bow and stern are like the seats on the seasaw...they go up higher, and down lower as opposed to the middle of the seesaw.

We just got off of voyager and were in 746. We loved the location.

Wouldn't the weather and sea conditions have as much to do with the amount of motion felt as the location on the ship?

I spoke to a Regent rep this morning and apparently the vibration problems were fixed when Voyager was in dry dock for 3 weeks.

Now I'm reconsidering going for the H category...Hmmm...

Has nothing to do with how many times one has sailed. It's a simple case of physics. I'm not talking about vibration; that's a different issue. I'm talking about the ship's motion. Of course much depends on how good your sea legs are or which cruise you're on. Last year on the Navigator we had very strong swells and anything but midship in CR was felt and over 1/2 the ship was sick for the first 3 days. I wouldn't be bothered in a suite in the bow either as I have never been seasick (and hopefully I never will be!)

One day we had choppy seas. I was in the Observation lounge doing some work I needed to complete. I started to really feel the ships motion. When I moved to the pool area, I stopped feeling it. Why? Because the pool area is midship and the Observation Lounge is upfront near the bow.

Also as I said, friends of ours had a room in the stern of the ship and didn't feel any vibration.

Has nothing to do with how many times one has sailed. It's a simple case of physics. I'm not talking about vibration; that's a different issue. I'm talking about the ship's motion. Of course much depends on how good your sea legs are or which cruise you're on. Last year on the Navigator we had very strong swells and anything but midship in CR was felt and over 1/2 the ship was sick for the first 3 days. I wouldn't be bothered in a suite in the bow either as I have never been seasick (and hopefully I never will be!)

One day we had choppy seas. I was in the Observation lounge doing some work I needed to complete. I started to really feel the ships motion. When I moved to the pool area, I stopped feeling it. Why? Because the pool area is midship and the Observation Lounge is upfront near the bow.

Also as I said, friends of ours had a room in the stern of the ship and didn't feel any vibration.

I think that all makes good sense and theswimmer if you have been offered an H horizon cabin on Voyager, I would not hesitate, They have spacious balconies and it is wonderful sitting out there in the evening.

PS Sorry, I misread what you meant. Of course Horizon suites on Voyager are C class

AtA, We are in Voyager Cabin 746 for an October cruise. Glad to hear you liked the cabin location. Was there any noise when they raised or lowered the life boat for lightering in? We sailed on Voyager last year in an aft F cabin and felt minor vibration.

Archived