HOTEL at Port Canaveral

Mrs.G

The Residence Inn by Marriott

We are booked there for the night before our cruise in March. It has great reviews. Info below. Best of luck!

8959 Astronaut Blvd.

Cape Canaveral, Florida 32920 USA

Phone: 1-321-323-1100

Fax: 1-321-323-1029

Sales: 1-321-323-1122

Sales fax: 1-321-323-1029

Toll-free: 1-800-331-3131

8959 Astronaut Blvd.

Cape Canaveral, Florida 32920

USA

8959 Astronaut Blvd.

Cape Canaveral, Florida 32920

USA

We stayed at the Radisson. It was VERY close to the pier (you could see the ships from the hotel), had a free shuttle and was within walking distance to Budget (so we rented a car at airport, returned it in Cape Canaveral, walked to the hotel and took the shuttle to the port the next day). We enjoyed it very much. I think we paid around 118.00

Best Western Ocean Front Cocoa Beach with the parking package (includes breakfast and shuttle to and from the pier) is $132 with tax. They have a Durango Steak House on site, as well.

The Radisson, BW, Holiday Inn and Country Inn and Suites all have parking packages (if you are interested in that) for $120-$150 range.

We just got off Mariner yesterday and stayed Saturday night before the cruise at the Country Inn and Suites. It is 1/2 mile from the port. We paid $90 for a room with parking for the week. We rode the shuttle $3 per person each way. The hotel was very new. Our reservation was for a room with 2 doubles. When we arrived our room was not ready so they upgraded us to a family suite for no additonal charge. it had a small "bedroom" - no door but divided from the rest of the room with an additional twin, bunk, TV and DVD. Breakfast was included and we were impressed with the variety of foods offered. The pool was very nice. They have a hottub with a waterfall and a separate kids pool and splash area. I would definately stay there again. The shuttle was waiting when we arrived back at port and dropped us and our luggage right at the back of our car. I thought it was a great value considering parking at the port would have cost us $85.

Thank you for te report,

Can you tell me when you arranged for the shuttle?

Did they just take your name when you checked inn.?

What time did you get to the ship?

What time did you get off the ship and back to your car?

Thanks!!

Michelle

We arranged for our shuttle after we checked in. We paid for the shuttle both ways and had the cost added to our hotel bill. They gave us a voucher for the shuttle for each way. They offered a shuttle every hour starting I believe at 9:30. We took the 10:30. We checked in with no waiting at the port and boarding began at 11:30. When the driver dropped us off Sunday AM he showed us where he would be when we disembarked and he was there waiting for us. They use Cocoa Beach Shuttle Company. They have several large vans with trailers for luggage and they run continuously once people begin leaving the ship.

. . . the Space Shuttle Inn, about 15 min. or less from the terminal. Nice breakfast included. We were on the boat by 11:00 AM with no problem.

Correct me if I am wrong but this is in Titusville. Great for viewing launches but no beach. I think most would prefer Cape Canaveral or Cocoa Beach.

Has anyone stayed or seen the Holiday Inn express in Cocoa Beach (not the beach front one). We are booked there before our 3/11/07 cruise, but I've not seen anyone mention it. Hopefully it will be ok! I like to get priority club points when possible, but would prefer not to spend the night in a dump! Any comments appreciated- Thanks, Karen

Has anyone stayed or seen the Holiday Inn express in Cocoa Beach (not the beach front one). We are booked there before our 3/11/07 cruise, but I've not seen anyone mention it. Hopefully it will be ok! I like to get priority club points when possible, but would prefer not to spend the night in a dump! Any comments appreciated- Thanks, Karen

Karen not to worry. It is a very nice property. Plenty of food within walking distance. It shares a parking lot with a grocery store. If you go right accross the street behind Perkins you will find the Cocoa Beach pier where you can eat and see some nice views.

Karen not to worry. It is a very nice property. Plenty of food within walking distance. It shares a parking lot with a grocery store. If you go right accross the street behind Perkins you will find the Cocoa Beach pier where you can eat and see some nice views.

Thanks so much for the peace of mind!! Didn't want to start the trip off with a bad hotel. It's hard to tell by the Holiday Inn site what the area is like. Thanks again for the info. Karen

Archived