Conquest only Questions! Post 'em Here!

ShoMeChiefsFan

Hi,

I have a few questions for the conquest cruisers. We are on the March 9th cruise this year.

1. Which hotel do you recommend the night before the cruise...I like Harbor House but their website says they only take two night reservations.

2. Has anyone stayed in 8A #6335?

3. Do you think we have enough time to do the Native Way Rays Reef and rumpoint trip in Grand Cayman? I am nervous because the tour is 5 hours long. And if we get in port at 7am cruise time, will that be 8am Cayman time?

Thanks for the help.

Kim

Hey there Kim, I can give you information on where to stay---GAIDO's Hotel, its cheap but clean, and you can save your money for the boat. The only draw back is that you have to take a taxi to the pier( taxi ride cost around $15), but they do allow free cruise parking for the duration of your cruise. Well worth the money. I also forgot to add that you can walk across the boardwalk Road and your on the beach!

Here is the link:

http://www.gaidosofgalveston.com/

Do a search on the web for this hotel and look at the reviews and also compare the prices to the other motels/hotels.....you wont be disappointed!

Hello everyone! We're sailing the Conquest on April 6. This will be my second time on the Conquest, but I can't remember which nights are formal... Also, has anyone tried the Mexican Cuisine excursion through Carnival in Cozumel?

Thanks,

Beth

Hello everyone! We're sailing the Conquest on April 6. This will be my second time on the Conquest, but I can't remember which nights are formal... Also, has anyone tried the Mexican Cuisine excursion through Carnival in Cozumel?

Thanks,

Beth

Hi Beth! We are on the April 6th sailing also. First time on Carnival. I am still researching what to do in ports. Jamaica is going to be a beach day at Sunset Beach, that is the only one I am sure of. DH and DS 10 have NO interest in the stingrays, so not sure what to do on GC. We may need a break from the sun by then, maybe the sub?? Cozumel we are kind of thinking about the dolphin swim, but not sure because I want to have plenty of time for shopping!!

Thanks to all of you who answered about the rays reef and rum point tour. I am still a bit concerned about the timing but I guess I should just relax.

Just a few more questions!

Do you think the snorkeling will be okay for a 9 year old? And is Rumpoint better than 7 mile?

The other tour we are considering is the buccaneer catamaran to see the stingrays and then some beach time at 7 mile..

Which would you do with a 13 and 9 year old?

The catamaran tour starts at 10:30...so timing is better but it doesn't allow for rum point.

Snorkeling is a good option for kids as long as they are comfortable in the water. If they are uneasy, it's probably not for them. Confident swimmers will have a blast. I took my 7 yr old DD and she wouldn't even get into the water....however, my young teen kids couldn't get enough of paddling around looking at the colorful fish.

Gilly99: Great to see you are on our sailing! Hopefully we will get a chance to get acquainted. My DH and I are sailing without the kids to celebrate our anniversary....Getting VERY excited! I am looking forward to a whole week of having him all to myself! :) Have you checked out the roll call? Seems like a bunch of really great people...

Beth - happy anniversary in advance!!! We have a celebration also, my birthday (and yes, it's a big one:eek: ) is April 8th. We will have our kids ds 10 and dd 7 with us though. They loved our last cruise so much, and they are looking forward to this one almost as much as I am. We got connecting 6b's, but the kids don't know yet that they have their "own room."

Anyone have any suggestions for something at GC that doesn't include the stingrays?

glad to see this forum is alive and kicking.....keep up the posts and keep the information flowing!

kcfan,

I do believe you were the original poster of this thread....it was a good one...hard to believe it's almost been a year since i cruised on the conquest....

thanks again for the great starter and info!

No internet in the staterooms on Conquest. You can either go to the internet cafe, which is in a very out of the way location near the bottom back of the ship, or if you have wireless, there are hotspots in the atrium area at several levels. My favorite spot is around the main pool on deck nine. In the evening, nobody is out there. You can also go down to the atrium lounge areas, I think on 3, 4 and 5 as well as the library.

kcfan,

I do believe you were the original poster of this thread....it was a good one...hard to believe it's almost been a year since i cruised on the conquest....

thanks again for the great starter and info!

no problem...glad to see it is helping others get the questions answered, tried to start a couple on the princess board and got nothing but flack....its hard to look up your questions when everyone is posting numerous post each day....

Are you going on another cruise? We just booked the Caribbean Princess to experiment with another cruise line ( Sister Cruise line to Carnival).

Thank you to both. It's one bottle per person, correct? We were hoping to bring the Dom P and a bottle of red. When we did supper club on the Valor they charged the corkage fee, so I was anticipating that.

Any idea from anyone on the formal night attire in the Supper Club on formal night -- is it consistent with everything else?

No corkage fee !!! Just sailed Dec.30 2007 new year cruise. We brought our bottle of wine to dinner every night and they opened it... no charge ( You can bring more than 2 bottles, no one ever looked)We also brought water with us.The couple we were with brought wine and Dom P. too ! We had a great new years eve..... the best !! Next year we will be on the voyager..... a wonderful time to cruise !!!:)

Beth - happy anniversary in advance!!! We have a celebration also, my birthday (and yes, it's a big one:eek: ) is April 8th. We will have our kids ds 10 and dd 7 with us though. They loved our last cruise so much, and they are looking forward to this one almost as much as I am. We got connecting 6b's, but the kids don't know yet that they have their "own room."

Anyone have any suggestions for something at GC that doesn't include the stingrays?

I really enjoyed the Reef and Wreck Snorkel tour in Oct 2006!

no problem...glad to see it is helping others get the questions answered, tried to start a couple on the princess board and got nothing but flack....its hard to look up your questions when everyone is posting numerous post each day....

Are you going on another cruise? We just booked the Caribbean Princess to experiment with another cruise line ( Sister Cruise line to Carnival).

dh & i would love to take another cruise. it's really tough with the kids because of our unique situation. my oldest 2 kids are from previous marriage in which we have joint custody. the ex is a real jerk and i don't have "permission" to take them out of the country. so for us to cruise, it will have to be only the two of us (oh darn! lol) but then that means working around the kids school, and trying to find someone that can take care of the big kids and my 3 yr. old too. so it's kind of tough. dh & i both work for major airlines, so we do alot of traveling and when the kids are 18, we certainly will be cruising all the time! as for now, squeezing in one cruise a year is about all we can do...and we can get last minute rates and airline emp. rates so booking early is not a big deal for us.

have fun on your next cruise and let me know how it goes.