Conquest only Questions! Post 'em Here!

ShoMeChiefsFan

Thank you Julie, I have been accused of storing her in a bubble, but when she is your only what option do you have. When I told her dad I needed permission to remove her from the country he just laughed and signed the document knowing I would never leave her or sell her in a foreign country:D

My only worry now is how much $$ to take, she has always been an expensive date, and will I need different currency?

I know what you mean, my 6 year old is my only biological child (I have a 13 y/o stepson and 18 y/o stepdaughter whom we have had custody of for 7 years)and I was almost 41 years old when she was born. She was my gift from God! I tend to overprotect a lot too, but hey in this day and age you can't be too careful.

When we went last year we took WAY too much Cash. We did not know that everything goes on your Sail & Sign card. The only thing we used cash for onboard the ship was our gambling $$ and extra tip $$. We booked our shore excursions through Carnival and they also went on the sail & sign card, and I will tell you that we will NOT book excursions this time through Carnival. After having found this board I have learned so much and so many ways to save $$, one of which is book your excursions privately. Had we known that last year it would have saved us about $500. All the ports take US dollars so no worry there. I personally like to pay cash in the ports, just not comfortable using the credit card, especially in Mexico. It's really hard to say how much $$ to take, it depends on what your plans are in the ports, if you plan on lots of shopping, eating, drinking etc... in the ports. Do your homework.... there is tons of info on this board, figure out what you want to do and research or just ask questions.

I know that you'll have a great time!! If you have more questions I'll try my best to help.

Ok Julie ? I was getting ready to book a swim with the Dolphins thru Carnival. Is it cheaper elsewhere? How?

As an example Carnival sells the Dolphin Encounter in Cozumel held at Chankanaab park for $115. It includes transportation each way. You can book directly with Chankannab park for $77.80 adults, $64.50 children, and provide your own transportation. A cab will easily hold four people and cost less than $15 each way.

http://www.*****cozumel/dolphin-encounter.asp

You will need to book early though as space fills fast.

As an example Carnival sells the Dolphin Encounter in Cozumel held at Chankanaab park for $115. It includes transportation each way. You can book directly with Chankannab park for $77.80 adults, $64.50 children, and provide your own transportation. A cab will easily hold four people and cost less than $15 each way.

http://www.*****cozumel/dolphin-encounter.asp

You will need to book early though as space fills fast.

I was just fixin to post this, thanks!!

Ok Julie ? I was getting ready to book a swim with the Dolphins thru Carnival. Is it cheaper elsewhere? How?

There are several different prices, if you want the swim & ride, Carnival shows it at $186, booking directly through the park is $149. I was on a site yesterday and saw it for $139, but can't for the life of me find it right now. My son and hubby are probably gonna do the swim & ride, but my daughter is not old enough, so will probably do the encounter with her.

Ok...Lets compare apples to apples. I just pulled up Machman's shore excursion price list from his late September cruise. It is a PDF file so you will need the Adobe reader. http://files.filefront.com/Excursion+Prices+5pdf/;8718046;/fileinfo.html

select "download now"

On his page the Dolphin encounter (description same in Carnival tours and direct) shows the $115 just like mine does but his also shows a child price of $109 These include transportation.

Booking direct costs $77.80 adults, $64.50 child and does not include transportation.

The Dolphin swim (description in Carnival tours and matches Royal Dolphin swim on direct site) Costs $165 on Carnival with no separate child price transportation included, but only $149 when booked direct, no transportation.

Machman doesn't have the Carnival tour descriptions posted but the booklet from our cruise matches the two descriptions on the Chankanaab website. I hope this helps. :)

Just curious, I am going with some friends, we have a suite booked and they are on an inside room. Because we have a suite we have VIP check -in. Can our friends check-in with us or do they have to go to the other line? Just wondering as we wanted to get a picture together going on the ship. I have booked both rooms, and it is under my name, other than the guests names.

I would like to kindly request that no one include anything political in their messages, avatars, etc. 2008 is going to be tough enough to stomach in our country without having to come to a cruising board to see "Hillary" or any other political pictures in people's profiles. :(

I would like to kindly request that no one include anything political in their messages, avatars, etc. 2008 is going to be tough enough to stomach in our country without having to come to a cruising board to see "Hillary" or any other political pictures in people's profiles. :(

I would like to kindly request that gentlemen please allow ladies off the elevator first.........oh, and world peace.:)

I've been assigned 4G-1052, looks like the Panorama deck, 1st room near the stairs. Good or bad ... what do you know about this room/area?! There's also two dots on the room, which says "two uppers" - is that the two beds that come out of the wall?!?! :D

Steve: We were in 1062, Panorama deck....balcony cabin, and LOVED it! People were constantly telling us how much more motion we would notice, I'm still waiting and the cruise was 10 months ago! Other than a suite it was the best cabin we've ever had. I'm considering changing our 8A guarantee to 8E, for our next cruise, if a comprable cabin is still available...eventhough I know it will be a much more costly situation.

It's also a very quiet level.

Steve: We were in 1062, Panorama deck....balcony cabin, and LOVED it! People were constantly telling us how much more motion we would notice, I'm still waiting and the cruise was 10 months ago! Other than a suite it was the best cabin we've ever had. I'm considering changing our 8A guarantee to 8E, for our next cruise, if a comprable cabin is still available...eventhough I know it will be a much more costly situation.

It's also a very quiet level.

That is GOOD to know..as we have 1052! It was a 2 cat upgrade for us..but since it was so far forward I was a little leary...I cant wait!! Dot

Photospazz....Yes, you can bring your friends to the VIP check-in. In Oct we had a cat 11 and some other family were in an inside across the hall and they were allowed to board with us so that we could all get a photo together. I believe Carnival allows each suite to bring 1 non suite to the VIP area.

Have fun:D

Sailing on Conquest June, 29 YEAHHHH..

I am getting ready to book my return flight.. There is a flight

leaving Hobby at 1:00 can i make that flight?????

Or do I need to book the next flight which is at 6:30..

Help Please

Most weeks you will have no trouble making a 1:00 pm flight from Hobby. If you were returning today you would have been out of luck as fog delayed the Conquest from docking till noon. I think this flight leaves you enough time so I would book it. You might want to check with the airline and see what there policy is if you miss your flight just as a back-up.

Drive time from Galveston to Hobby airport is about 45 minutes. Getting off the ship can take nearly as long so you will need to be off by 9:00 am to leave enough time for traffic or some other delay.

Sailing on Conquest June, 29 YEAHHHH..

I am getting ready to book my return flight.. There is a flight

leaving Hobby at 1:00 can i make that flight?????

Or do I need to book the next flight which is at 6:30..

Help Please

Yes, you could make that flight as long as the ship is not late,and as long as there are no traffic problems...I know its been late often,so for peace of mind, I might book the 6:30 flight...and not rush getting off the ship and not have to pay that extra money to rebook the flight if the ship is late. She didnt get in today till 12:30...so it does happen! Since you will be going to Hobby, the traffic is not as bad, but I would still book later and then enjoy Galveston for a little while.. Dot

Re: alternatives to Stingrays in GC. We did the pirate ship excursion with our DD7 last June and we're repeating it this March with my DD and the extended family. You're done by 10 am, so that leaves plenty of time to explore on your own or even schedule other excursions.

anyone know about the Conquest getting some upgrades in August? I read something about it recently but I can't remember where. I want to take a trip again in September and would like to know if she is getting one and how that would affect my plans. Thanks!

anyone know about the Conquest getting some upgrades in August? I read something about it recently but I can't remember where. I want to take a trip again in September and would like to know if she is getting one and how that would affect my plans. Thanks!

No drydock scheduled for 2008.

Are you allowed to wear shorts in the dining rooms on non-formal nights?:confused:

It's not recommended attire although some have been known to do it anyway. I doubt you'll see anyone in shorts, especially in February.

Enjoy the cruise