Conquest only Questions! Post 'em Here!

ShoMeChiefsFan

Anyone have any suggestions for something at GC that doesn't include the stingrays?

We did the turtle farm, There is a salt water lagoon with a sandy beach for snorkling and a fresh water pool for swimming. You can handle the 2 year old turtles, they are all separated by age. There is also a predator tank if your kids are into sharks.

We have a silly question. One of my travelling companions would like to know if the plug in in the cabin takes double or triple pronged plugs. Could someone please let us know?

Thanks much.

Watching the webcam today and next week, then it's our turn!!!

Hi,

We just got off the Conquest today 1/20/08. We were in cabin 6434 which is right next door. We could hear music from the Degas lounge on a few nights which was right below us. The back of the boat was very rocky from the waves...we had a fabulous time though. Have fun !

We have a silly question. One of my travelling companions would like to know if the plug in in the cabin takes double or triple pronged plugs. Could someone please let us know?

Thanks much.

Watching the webcam today and next week, then it's our turn!!!

As you can see in this picture the outlet on the right is the standard three pronged 120vac/60hz North American outlet.

The outlet on the left is 220vac/50hz European outlet designed to accept the variety of European plugs.

I like to plug my laptop into the 220 outlet as it can handle either current and keeps the other outlet free. You can also bring a power strip if you need more than one outlet.

1283594663062547426S600x600Q85.jpg

We are booked on the Conquest on April 6th thru April 13th. Saturday April 12th is 90 day’s after the last crew immigration check (Jan 13th) so I’m guessing we will get to experience this & have a couple of questions about the process.

Any clue on if the delays will be on embarkation or debarkation?

If embarkation is delayed due to the checks would it be better to wait it out at the port or leave and return later in the day like 2 or 3 pm?

If we are delayed getting off the ship due to the checks, does anyone know if they let you stay in the room later or if you still need to clear the room at a certain time?

Thanks for any info as we can’t wait to get on the ship and have a great cruise.

We are booked on the Conquest on April 6th thru April 13th. Saturday April 12th is 90 day’s after the last crew immigration check (Jan 13th) so I’m guessing we will get to experience this & have a couple of questions about the process.

Any clue on if the delays will be on embarkation or debarkation?

If embarkation is delayed due to the checks would it be better to wait it out at the port or leave and return later in the day like 2 or 3 pm?

If we are delayed getting off the ship due to the checks, does anyone know if they let you stay in the room later or if you still need to clear the room at a certain time?

Thanks for any info as we can’t wait to get on the ship and have a great cruise.

I just got off the Conquest. We were delayed getting on the ship. We arrived at the pier at 10:15 am and we waited in the chairs until 1:00 pm. It was a distant memory by 1:01 pm. Have a great cruise!!!

My understanding is that the crew check is done approximately every three months but not necessarily exactly every three months. Hopefully it won't effect you but if it does it will effect both debarkation and embarkation. The crew will all have to clear immigration before any passengers can begin leaving. This will delay clearing the ship which means the ship will be delayed boarding the new passengers.

My advice would be to arrive early, about 10:30. This is a great time to arrive for a normal boarding and should be early enough to check-in and be seated in the terminal. If the wait is going to be a long one atleast you are sitting down inside where it will be climate controlled. Once boarding begins you will be near the first to get on the ship.

I've been assigned 4G-1052, looks like the Panorama deck, 1st room near the stairs. Good or bad ... what do you know about this room/area?! There's also two dots on the room, which says "two uppers" - is that the two beds that come out of the wall?!?! :D

I've been assigned 4G-1052, looks like the Panorama deck, 1st room near the stairs. Good or bad ... what do you know about this room/area?! There's also two dots on the room, which says "two uppers" - is that the two beds that come out of the wall?!?! :D

Best location for an interior-IMHO

Yes, you'll have two beds on the floor and two uppers if needed.

My understanding is that the crew check is done approximately every three months but not necessarily exactly every three months. Hopefully it won't effect you but if it does it will effect both debarkation and embarkation. The crew will all have to clear immigration before any passengers can begin leaving. This will delay clearing the ship which means the ship will be delayed boarding the new passengers.

My advice would be to arrive early, about 10:30. This is a great time to arrive for a normal boarding and should be early enough to check-in and be seated in the terminal. If the wait is going to be a long one atleast you are sitting down inside where it will be climate controlled. Once boarding begins you will be near the first to get on the ship.

Thanks for the advice, we will get there early as suggested & at least we should have a seat if we have to wait. I checked previous reviews and found the crew had to clear immigration on Oct 14th 2007 which was exactly 90 days prior to the Jan 13th check.

I just got off the Conquest. We were delayed getting on the ship. We arrived at the pier at 10:15 am and we waited in the chairs until 1:00 pm. It was a distant memory by 1:01 pm. Have a great cruise!!!

Thanks, we will get there early and be prepared to wait a few hours if necessary. I’m glad people have mentioned the delays in their reviews so future cruisers know what they may experience and plan accordingly.

I seriously doubt you will have any problem meeting your 11:00 AM shuttle, even if the crew must clear customs. Unfortunately you will not be able to sleep late and/or hang around in your cabin. You will still be asked to vacate your cabin by 8:00 AM. You can eat breakfast in the dining room or on the Lido, after that you will need to find a spot to wait until your number is called to leave the ship. If it's a nice day, a book and a deck chair could do the trick.;)

I seriously doubt you will have any problem meeting your 11:00 AM shuttle, even if the crew must clear customs. Unfortunately you will not be able to sleep late and/or hang around in your cabin. You will still be asked to vacate your cabin by 8:00 AM. You can eat breakfast in the dining room or on the Lido, after that you will need to find a spot to wait until your number is called to leave the ship. If it's a nice day, a book and a deck chair could do the trick.;)

Thank you!!

We are cruisin out on the Conquest on April 20th. I am a 1st time cruiser with my DD and am just curious if there is enough to keep her occupied. She is 11 and an only child at my house, with her room and Wii we are good but on the ship concerns me.

My son was 12 last year when we went on the Conquest and he had a blast. He met another boy his age and they ended up hanging out the entire cruise. Camp Carnival has different activities for her age group. I would suggest going the the Camp Carnival meeting the first night and get the papers filled out and then look over the Capers each day and let her choose what she thinks she might enjoy. She'll have fun no matter what!!

Thank you for your fast response. We are both really excited. My Hubby is staying home not his thing, nor my dads but pretty much the rest of the family is going. I am excited for her and I we have never done or been able to do something like this and at her age I think 7 days will be good for us. THen she may have to go see her dad for a break but I will try not to smother her:rolleyes: Is it safe to leave her with the Camp Carnival by herself?

I have a few questions, especially for those who have sailed the Conquest recently. I heard that we are no longer allowed to bring hair dryers. If that is true, do they supply lower amp dryers for us? I also heard no more brownies in room service, true? I have a 13 year old son and was wondering how structured his age groups activities are. My granddaughter would like to build-a-bear. Is this a planned activity at a certain time or is there a build-a-bear shop with regular hours? We are an evenly numbered room...does that mean that we will be able to watch the sun set or the sun rise from our balcony? We will be on the February 3rd sailing. I am so excited!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks so much!

Vicki

Thank you for your fast response. We are both really excited. My Hubby is staying home not his thing, nor my dads but pretty much the rest of the family is going. I am excited for her and I we have never done or been able to do something like this and at her age I think 7 days will be good for us. THen she may have to go see her dad for a break but I will try not to smother her:rolleyes: Is it safe to leave her with the Camp Carnival by herself?

Yes, it is very safe. All of the staff were wonderful. My 6 year old went and we never worried about her at all. You have to sign them in and sign them out, and they are strict about that. We loved it, it gives them a little time away from you and gives you a little free time to do whatever you want and not have to worry about them.

Thank you Julie, I have been accused of storing her in a bubble, but when she is your only what option do you have. When I told her dad I needed permission to remove her from the country he just laughed and signed the document knowing I would never leave her or sell her in a foreign country:D

My only worry now is how much $$ to take, she has always been an expensive date, and will I need different currency?

I have a few questions, especially for those who have sailed the Conquest recently. I heard that we are no longer allowed to bring hair dryers. If that is true, do they supply lower amp dryers for us? I also heard no more brownies in room service, true? I have a 13 year old son and was wondering how structured his age groups activities are. My granddaughter would like to build-a-bear. Is this a planned activity at a certain time or is there a build-a-bear shop with regular hours? We are an evenly numbered room...does that mean that we will be able to watch the sun set or the sun rise from our balcony? We will be on the February 3rd sailing. I am so excited!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks so much!

Vicki

Build a Bear is at a scheduled day and time. A parent has to attend this with the child also. It was about $20 and they charge it to your sail & sign card. My 6 year old loved it. She still sleeps with her bear(actually it is a puppy) . My son was 12 when we went in July and we pretty much let him pick and choose the activities he wanted to do. The older kids are allowed to sign themselves out. We never had any problems, he is a good kid and we allowed him to go off by himself as long as he checked in with us. He ended meeting a friend his age and they hung out the entire cruise. As for whether the 13 year old will enjoy it probably depends on the likes and dislikes and the maturity level. My son is very mature and he thought some of the stuff was lame. He spent LOTS of time at the pool and EATING!!

VickiVicki,

I have a few questions, especially for those who have sailed the Conquest recently. I heard that we are no longer allowed to bring hair dryers.Brought mine no problem. If that is true, do they supply lower amp dryers for us? I also heard no more brownies in room service, true? Absolutely not true, still there and good too. I have a 13 year old son and was wondering how structured his age groups activities are. My granddaughter would like to build-a-bear. Is this a planned activity at a certain time or is there a build-a-bear shop with regular hours? We are an evenly numbered room...does that mean that we will be able to watch the sun set or the sun rise from our balcony? In Jamaica you will watch it set. Cayman same thing. In Cozumel I can't remember. We will be on the February 3rd sailing. I am so excited!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks so much!

Hope this helps!!! Have fun!