Conquest only Questions! Post 'em Here!

ShoMeChiefsFan

We will be on the Conquest March 9th. I heard that Marc Price is the current cruise director and he will be replaced by Wee Jimmy in mid-March. I don't see Marc Price's name on the Carnival CD bio list. Has he left? Anyone know who will be the CD for March 9th?

I was looking at some pictures...

and when did they add the slide on the conquest? We sailed on her in Oct of '04...too bad they didn't have it then. I wonder what other upgrades it got since then...

Hmm....sailed on Conquest in February 2003 and enjoyed the slide, sailed on Conquest last January and enjoyed the slide. Not sure how you missed it. :confused:

I'm not sure who was asking....sorry....but 1062 is really more midship than forward. We experienced little or no motion up there and it truly was a VERY QUIET location. If I remember correctly the "white spaces" were senior officers cabins vs storage areas. Also, for those of you who asked, we had friends staying in 1051 and 1052 (all Cruise Critic friends btw) and they loved their cabins equally as much as we loved ours.

I know that the general rule of thumb is that the higher cabins experience more motion but, for whatever reason, that just wasn't the case on The Conquest (and we sailed last February...during the "winter" months). The weather was perfect BTW, in the low to mid 80's in each port. Sea days were a bit cool and breezy but we were still able to sit outside.

Another benefit of the Panorama Deck is the access to the Lido Deck area. For whatever reason people just don't venture up a few steps and we never had a problem getting a seating area for our group....on a small deck just to the right of the slide...it was great!

I'm sorry I don't have any pics my camera was stolen, from my luggage, somewhere between Idaho and Texas so I didn't get many photos of the trip.

Our room steward was "Joselito" who is a charmer and a wonderful steward. We had fresh ice in our soft sided cooler at least three times a day, so our wine and soft drinks were always cold,. He called us by name from day one and kept our room immaculate. Needless to say we tipped him well.

The only person I found less than wonderful was the maitre de...he reminded me of Kaiser Wilhelm! He was rude and really couldn't care. We wound up sitting with CC friends at a later seating, on the upper level of the Renoir Dining Room, and were very happy . Our maitre de, for that level, was charming and our waiter fantastic. I took his advice EVERY night, and he never got it wrong. My dining mates pretty much had a steak,ceasar salad and warm chocolate melting cake every night.....booooooorrrrinnnnng....whilst I had a different dinner each night. The short ribs and rack of lamb were to die for.

Any other questions, please ask.

don't forget, you can purchase a REUSABLE 35mm underwater camera onboard for about $16. in the photo area. we have used ours a few times. it is much cheaper than purchasing the disposable cameras at walmart.

Was it similar to this one? http://www.amazon.com/Snap-Waterproof-All-Weather-Daylight-Preloaded/dp/B000N8IYFC/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=sporting-goods&qid=1202232621&sr=8-2

I'm not sure who was asking....sorry....but 1062 is really more midship than forward. We experienced little or no motion up there and it truly was a VERY QUIET location. If I remember correctly the "white spaces" were senior officers cabins vs storage areas. Also, for those of you who asked, we had friends staying in 1051 and 1052 (all Cruise Critic friends btw) and they loved their cabins equally as much as we loved ours.

I know that the general rule of thumb is that the higher cabins experience more motion but, for whatever reason, that just wasn't the case on The Conquest (and we sailed last February...during the "winter" months). The weather was perfect BTW, in the low to mid 80's in each port. Sea days were a bit cool and breezy but we were still able to sit outside.

Another benefit of the Panorama Deck is the access to the Lido Deck area. For whatever reason people just don't venture up a few steps and we never had a problem getting a seating area for our group....on a small deck just to the right of the slide...it was great!

I'm sorry I don't have any pics my camera was stolen, from my luggage, somewhere between Idaho and Texas so I didn't get many photos of the trip.

Our room steward was "Joselito" who is a charmer and a wonderful steward. We had fresh ice in our soft sided cooler at least three times a day, so our wine and soft drinks were always cold,. He called us by name from day one and kept our room immaculate. Needless to say we tipped him well.

The only person I found less than wonderful was the maitre de...he reminded me of Kaiser Wilhelm! He was rude and really couldn't care. We wound up sitting with CC friends at a later seating, on the upper level of the Renoir Dining Room, and were very happy . Our maitre de, for that level, was charming and our waiter fantastic. I took his advice EVERY night, and he never got it wrong. My dining mates pretty much had a steak,ceasar salad and warm chocolate melting cake every night.....booooooorrrrinnnnng....whilst I had a different dinner each night. The short ribs and rack of lamb were to die for.

Any other questions, please ask.

That was me, thanks. My parents are in that cabin while we are right below on the Lido deck. Sorry about the camera what a bummer.

What toilitries does Carnival Conquest provide for free?

shampoo, conditioner, toothpaste, shaving cream, deoderant, body wash???

You will have shampoo/conditioner and body wash in the shower..I dont know if they have any of the other things you mentioned in the little dish in the bathroom..some ships Ive been on have had a little sample size of toothpast and shave cream but dont know about the Conquest, but I wouldnt count on those things. I dont even use the shampoo/conditioner in the shower as my hair doesnt like it.. Dot

can we take bottled water on cruise with us? if so i might bring a large (like 32 oz) bottle for the ports.

You can take bottled water..Ive never taken a 32oz because thats just too big for me to deal with..but I usualy just take a couple of bottles and then refill them on the ship..the water is very good..and I keep them in my refrigerator...Dot

I sailed on the Conquest in 05 and it was a blast. If I am not mistaken there was shaving cream and toothpaste, a sample size of deodorant and things likethat but I also cannot use their shampoo. My hair just doesn't like it! I always take one bag with everything in it for the bathroom. Also we take about 12 of those smaller bottles of water with us in a suitcase plus a few alcoholic bottles too with some juices for mixed drinks.! :o We never drink the water on the ship! I have heard too many stories about the water!

What toilitries does Carnival Conquest provide for free?

shampoo, conditioner, toothpaste, shaving cream, deoderant, body wash???

Just got off the Conquest. There was a dispenser in the shower for shampoo and bath gel. There was also bar hand soap at the sink.

There's a container on the bathroom counter with some freebies. Ours were 2 razors, 2 sample size toothpastes, Advil PM sample. I think that was it.

We are soon to leave on our first Carnival cruise.

If I put wine or alcoholic beverages in my suitcase, will they be removed or go on through with no problems?

Will I be limited on the amount of water or soft drinks that I can bring onboard with me?

Are there refrigerators in every room? We have an inside stateroom.

Anyone have any answers to this? :confused:

For me none. He is some guy you see now and then wondering around trying to find the people that want to hang out with him or drum up some interest in ship activity's. Not at all to say that to some he is the coach of the cruise to them some people even write the guy when they are done with the cruise. Its all in who you are how much you care about that sort of thing. If you dont participate you will only see the guy in the morn on the TV. If you do the activity you will see him all the time. If the guy is lame to you I am sure the activity will suck as well its a very subjective thing I think.

I previously sailed on Princess Cruise Line and other than seeing the "cruise director" on the morning show and introducing the acts at night, we never saw him. During the activities throughout the cruise, it was his staff that led the activities. He was no where to be seen! Perhaps the CD just organizes who is supposed to do what and he tries to come up with a joke or two for the entertainment in the evening!!!