Conquest only Questions! Post 'em Here!

ShoMeChiefsFan

I agree with yst347. There aren't any ruins in Jamacia, that's Cozumel and you have a 45 min. ferry ride plus about 2hr. bus ride each way. Not worth it. You might want to check out the Cruise Critic destinations threads. Here's the link if your having trouble navigating this site... http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=587

yst347 didn't mention Dunns Falls in Jamacia. We're going in Oct., last time we went we went to YS Falls, this time we're doing Dunns Falls with Mystic Mountain. We're doing it throu the ship since it's an 1 1/2hr. drive. If you decide to go to Rose Hall Great House be sure and read "The White Witch of Rose Hall" based on a true story about Annie Palmer who owned Rose Hall. I got mine off amazon.

Anyway, check out the link above. You can get all kinds of info on all the places you're stopping.

You're right! Sorry, I meant to put Cozumel... Wow, 2 hr ride sounds pretty long. My parents went to the Rose Hall Great House and loved it! I think we're going to end up doing that in Jamaica. Thank you so much for all of the great information, it really helped!!! :D

We will be driving to Galveston for the first time. What are the parking options? I have seen references to "Lighthouse Parking" which I assume is different than the parking information listed on the carnival website.

We will be driving to Galveston for the first time. What are the parking options? I have seen references to "Lighthouse Parking" which I assume is different than the parking information listed on the carnival website.

These are your principle options for parking in Galveston.

http://www.portofgalveston.com/cruiseinformation/parking.shtml

http://www.lighthouseparking.org/

http://www.ezcruiseparking.com/

Our preference is EZ Cruise parking. Their main lot is two blocks from the pier. I can drop off our party and luggage at the pier, drive over to the lot and walk back. It's quick and fast. The also offer a shuttle for passengers and luggage it you prefer. Lighthouse and the port lots offer shuttle service also. The choice is yours. All three options have their fans. read their offerings and decide which works best for you. :)

good luck! I know there were 8B categories available on higher decks yesterday.

The only 8Bs left were above the video arcade or below the Lido deck, according to my PVP. Since I am early saver, if I went to any other category I would have to pay the difference which would be over $200 each.

So we are just going with the flow. If it is noisy below us, we will just stay up if we have to and nap during the day. It's all good. After all we will be on vacation.:D

These are your principle options for parking in Galveston.

http://www.portofgalveston.com/cruiseinformation/parking.shtml

http://www.lighthouseparking.org/

http://www.ezcruiseparking.com/

Our preference is EZ Cruise parking. Their main lot is two blocks from the pier. I can drop off our party and luggage at the pier, drive over to the lot and walk back. It's quick and fast. The also offer a shuttle for passengers and luggage it you prefer. Lighthouse and the port lots offer shuttle service also. The choice is yours. All three options have their fans. read their offerings and decide which works best for you. :)

Thanks for the information!

Dumb question and maybe off topic... Is there an Ecstasy list like this one on the Conquest? We were on the Ecstasy in May and were amazed at the improvement since the last time we were there. AND she's the only ship going to Progresso.

Dumb question and maybe off topic... Is there an Ecstasy list like this one on the Conquest? We were on the Ecstasy in May and were amazed at the improvement since the last time we were there. AND she's the only ship going to Progresso.

Yes, there is a list like this one. It is not as active though.

Here is the link:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=543888

Thinking about a Conquest cruise and booking a guaranteed cabin on an Internet travel site. Have cruised out of Galveston before but was able to put the cabin number on the luggage tags when we gave the bags to a porter upon arrival because we knew the cabin number. What happens in this case? When do you know your cabin number? I'm sure Carnival has done this a million times but was just curious.

Also, other than room service, can you get a cup of coffee somewhere on the Conquest around 5 AM? Thanks

I was so sad this morning (0600 hours) to see the cruise cam stuck again, but it is now up and running :D. Nothing like seeing the beautiful Conquest sitting at the Galveston pier (unless I am on-board, sailing away!!!!).

i saw that too but if you click the harbour cam (which is on the same building just facing the other way) you can see her coming in and out...watched it sail in this morning about 6:15 all lit up...very impressive. you can catch her going out later today on cruise cam then click over to harbor cam

Ok I know someone has already put this up already, but when are the formal nights for the western cruise? I can't remember for the life of me if it is monday or tuesday. Thanks everyone!

Monday (first sea day)

Thursday (after sailing from grand Cayman)

We will be stopping at Mo Bay, Jamaica & its our first time there...

My fiance is really interested in the ruins, but we read that its a pretty long commute to get to them. We are doing snorkeling/sting ray city in Grand Cayman and now we don't know if we should stick with the ruins in Jam...We are also interested in the zip lining, but afraid of some of the jungle bugs (we saw a crazy Discovery channel show about some type of bug that can crawl into your skin and actually eats on your muscles... I know, I freak about everything..) and the building standards.

Has anyone done any of these OR did another excursion that was fun? I would love any ideas! :o

We did the zip line in Jamaica and loved it. We brought a bug spray and didn't notice anyone having problems with insects. Our driver, Rupert, was quite friendly and even stopped on the way back to let us pick our own oranges from the groves and then peeled them for us. The guys from the zip line company were all great, funny and a lot of fun. They did state their company is an eco-certified tour (or something like that, I've forgotten), and maintains their ropes and ledges stringently. I'm sure they have a web site too.

Thinking about a Conquest cruise and booking a guaranteed cabin on an Internet travel site. Have cruised out of Galveston before but was able to put the cabin number on the luggage tags when we gave the bags to a porter upon arrival because we knew the cabin number. What happens in this case? When do you know your cabin number? I'm sure Carnival has done this a million times but was just curious.

Also, other than room service, can you get a cup of coffee somewhere on the Conquest around 5 AM? Thanks

We booked guaranteed rooms as well. I didn't check every day, but on the Thursday before our cruise, they had staterooms in our My Documents. I didn't bother to reprint the luggage tags, I just wrote the room number in with a black marker.

Don't know about the coffee, I drank lemonade and water.

We did the zip line in Jamaica and loved it. We brought a bug spray and didn't notice anyone having problems with insects. Our driver, Rupert, was quite friendly and even stopped on the way back to let us pick our own oranges from the groves and then peeled them for us. The guys from the zip line company were all great, funny and a lot of fun. They did state their company is an eco-certified tour (or something like that, I've forgotten), and maintains their ropes and ledges stringently. I'm sure they have a web site too.

We used them too and they were wonderful. Had a great time.

We used them too and they were wonderful. Had a great time.

Do you know what company this is? We're not going with Carnival's zipline excursion in MoBay. We found another that has 5 lines, the longest being 1/4 mile or so.

Can't wait!!! :D