Conquest only Questions! Post 'em Here!

ShoMeChiefsFan

Thank you!! This is very reassuring! We have never cruised before so we will just bring a lot of dramamine just in case! Plus we dont plan on being in the room all that much...hey and thanks for the tip on that secret door- i was looking at the deck plans and noticed a deck should be out there :) Thanks all!!

We buy ginger tablets. $4 a bottle at Walmart. We take one per day starting the day before we sail, and usually I can quit taking them about the third day into the cruise. Best thing about them, they are all natural and have NO side effects. (They also aid digestion, which makes my DH happy.)

My parents were on deck 10 cabin 1062 last year when we went and they had no problems. They would have booked it again for next years cruise but we decided to book cabins next to each other on the lido.

I am prone to motion sickness and did not feel any motion on the Lido last year. As a precaution I took Bonine (24 hour chewable) every night along with 2 ginger tabs. No drowsiness, no side effects and after the cab ride through the Jamaica hillside that reminded me of a road rally I swear by the effectiveness.

Hello, has anyone had any experience with cabin 7420, deck 7 Empress. It it hot or noisey. Thank you, John

Empress Deck is our favorite. Passenger cabins above and below make for quiet cabins. Promenade deck two down, Lido deck two up make for a very convenient location. Enjoy! :)

Hello, has anyone had any experience with cabin 7420, deck 7 Empress. It it hot or noisey. Thank you, John

John,

We have been in 7444; it was really quiet, and a wonderful cabin. Since 7420 is only a couple of cabins forward, I think you will be really pleased with your selection. The Empress deck is sandwiched between two cabin only decks, which makes for a really quiet floor. In addition, since you are so close to the aft, there is not that much foot traffic :D.

Hello, thank everyone for your replies, reassuring us, that 7420 in both a convenient cabin to key locations and quiet as well. Not that we plan to be in the cabin much, but it is nice to know. Thank you, John

I could have picked right near that cabin, but choose deck 6. My thinking was two flights either way to Lido or Promenade, I probably wouldnt do the stairs as often as one deck. But I like all those decks midship, easy to stop by between dinner and the show for a pitstop lol.

Anyone been on the panorama deck? What were your thoughts about it? Considering a move down to the verandah deck because im reading you can really feel the movement up on deck 10....

any and all thoughts/comments appreciated!!!!!!!!!

As many others have said, this deck is great. We had a forward cabin and a great view of the bridge. We didn't notice the motion but my wife wore a scopolamine patch. They are the size of the small, round bandaids and you put them right behind your ear. One patch every three days and they stayed on even when she was in the water. A four patch supply cost us just $7 through our medical insurance and our regular MD prescribed them for her.

Host Mach says he has capers on his blog ... Im not sure where his blog is though. sixgun probably knows.

http://hostmach.wordpress.com/

but we went to the eastern so the capers wouldn't help. and I think scanning was a weekend project and I amnot sure he has them up yet. Also the fact that we had Kyle Post and not Chris Jefferson makes hte Capers a bit of a toss up as to correctness.

Just think... We only have 5 more Sunday's to go through and then it will be us! :)

http://www.galveston.com/cruisecam/

lol! I love counting weeks!! Only 25 more weeks for us!! So much more easier counting weeks rather than days (over 170!)....but i like looked at the roll calls too- its cool thinking that most of them start 6 months in advance and they say "this is way in advance" then like today they are taking off....that will happen for me too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Our boarding time will come soon enough.