Conquest only Questions! Post 'em Here!

ShoMeChiefsFan

Can anyone please tell me which dining room the anytime dining is in? Upstairs? Any comments on it for the Conquest? Did you enjoy it or regret it?

Thanks

It is in the Renoir dining room, and was on deck 3 (lobby). You get to it behind the bar that is in the main lobby.

We did it in February. We were early eaters, usually in line at about 5:40. Entry started promptly at 5:45 each evening, with the line moving pretty quickly. We waited 5-10 minutes. We weren't asked whether we wanted to eat with others, we were just directed to a different table each night. You can set up reservations for a specific server or to eat with other friends, if you wish.

If you go as a couple, you are typically seated at 2-person tables, but the experience really can't be called dining for 2. The 2-person tables are right next to other 2-person tables, so evenually you will be joined by others. We didn't mind this, because we like casual dinner conversations and learn from other's experiences, without having to endure a potentially bad table experience for a whole week.

Hi Nancy

Hope you had a great time! We are going on the cruise in April.

We love Piano Bars - did you happen to go there at all....was it any good?

How were the shows?

I feel like such a loser, but my husband really got tired of the shows a couple of cruises back and he doesn't make them too much any more. And the piano bar that I so loved on earlier Carnival cruises was not even seen by these two losers in November. But come April, I really intend on making the shows... and maybe the piano bar at least once. (I'm such a loser in my old age, but I'll have my 3 & 4 year olds with me on this cruise.)

Nancy

Can anyone please tell me which dining room the anytime dining is in? Upstairs? Any comments on it for the Conquest? Did you enjoy it or regret it?

Thanks

The anytime dining for us was on deck 3 in the Renior. It was AWESOME. Ask for Joseph, he is great and has his son and daughter working with him (twins).

• 2 months later...

Never mind, I found the answer on JH blog.

"Due to an urgent guest medical emergency making it necessary for the Carnival Conquest to return to Cozumel after the 5/13 departure in order to evacuated the guest to shore side medical care, the Sunday 5/15 arrival to Galveston is presently estimated to be delayed to docking approximately 10:00 a.m. Our thoughts are with the guest"

• 1 month later...

We will be sailing on the Conquest on July 31st. This is also the day of my NASCAR race, (love me some NASCAR:D) will they have the race on the ship? Guess I could set my DVR either way, just thought it would be cool to watch it on the ship as we set sail though :)

We will be sailing on the Conquest on July 31st. This is also the day of my NASCAR race, (love me some NASCAR:D) will they have the race on the ship? Guess I could set my DVR either way, just thought it would be cool to watch it on the ship as we set sail though :)

I would say at least one of the TV's in the sports bar will have it on and maybe on the big screen on the Lido. You can always ask the CD about it. But DVR it just to be safe.

• 2 weeks later...

Looking to book on the Conquest. I would like connecting balcony staterooms, but looking at the deckplans it seems as if there are only 2 sets of connecting balcony rooms on the spa deck. Will I be better off with connecting oceanview rooms on deck 2? I'd really miss having the balcony, but I'm traveling with my 3 kids 12, 8, and 5, so we need 2 rooms. Thanks!

Looking to book on the Conquest. I would like connecting balcony staterooms, but looking at the deckplans it seems as if there are only 2 sets of connecting balcony rooms on the spa deck. Will I be better off with connecting oceanview rooms on deck 2? I'd really miss having the balcony, but I'm traveling with my 3 kids 12, 8, and 5, so we need 2 rooms. Thanks!

when our kids were young we always did one balcony with an inside across the hall for the kids. Thats a thought..

when our kids were young we always did one balcony with an inside across the hall for the kids. Thats a thought..

Thanks for the reply! Did it make you nervous not having the kids able to get to you in the night if they needed you?

• 4 weeks later...

I am so sorry if this has been discussed, but when I saw 204 pages of post, I'm taking a chance someone will be kind enough to answer again.

I was on the Conquest in 2005. The Captain's night where drinks were served where held in different rooms during the week. On the Dream in 2009 they waited until the last night of the cruise to do this, plus it was in a room that held about 400.

I guess I am about to complain. Having it on the last night of the cruise was a hardship for some. That is the night you have to pack by a certain time and get up early the next day.

I'm just trying to find out if anyone knew the schedule of this on the Conquest for 2011/12? Will be sailing in March 2012.

Thank you

I am so sorry if this has been discussed, but when I saw 204 pages of post, I'm taking a chance someone will be kind enough to answer again.

I was on the Conquest in 2005. The Captain's night where drinks were served where held in different rooms during the week. On the Dream in 2009 they waited until the last night of the cruise to do this, plus it was in a room that held about 400.

I guess I am about to complain. Having it on the last night of the cruise was a hardship for some. That is the night you have to pack by a certain time and get up early the next day.

I'm just trying to find out if anyone knew the schedule of this on the Conquest for 2011/12? Will be sailing in March 2012.

Thank you

Not sure what your looking for....if your looking for Captains night then it's still the first formal night with photo op's, etc. (also discounted drinks). If you just looking for free drinks then you have the 'past guest party and on the last day the 'Farewell Party'. It is informal so it should not effect your packing.

Haven't seen a real current one Randy. Guess I'll just be missing you this week, off on the Ecstasy on Monday. I'll put a drink on my tab for you at Wet Wendy's in Coz--we'll be there the day b4 the Conquest.

Ahh thanks but I have no idea where we will wind up..PB Tom is picking me and buddy up at the pier and we're just gonna run around the island...probably on the backside.....may end up at PB....last time we did that, it was a little crazy...lol :D

Edited by Host Randy

I have a set that's a month old. What info are you looking for?

Oh cool...They talked about changing the Legends Show up...just curious who the Legends are now and what songs they have from each...and then what night the auditions are on....lol.....I know it's a lot to ask so that was why I was looking for them to scan thru.....but if you have time and want to....that's cool. :D

Oh cool...They talked about changing the Legends Show up...just curious who the Legends are now and what songs they have from each...and then what night the auditions are on....lol.....I know it's a lot to ask so that was why I was looking for them to scan thru.....but if you have time and want to....that's cool. :D

In July, the Legends were exactly the same as they've been for a while (Elvis, James Brown etc). I'm personally ready for some new ones.