Conquest only Questions! Post 'em Here!

ShoMeChiefsFan

My question is ..what happens if we cant tender on an island? I read some where that they offer a small compensation for this, but I wasnt sure if that was true or not? Does the weather have to be REALLY bad? I checked the weather lookout for our cruise next week, and when we go to cayman islands, its supposed to be raining/storming..if its just raining will be most likely be able to go? How do we find out if our excursions are cancelled if we didnt book through carnival?

Believe me if the seas are bad you will not WANT to tender. I have been in a tender in bad seas and would have paid money to be back on the ship. The tender was bobbing up and down like a cork with waves washing over the top.:eek:

You are usually given your port fees back. Something like $10pp.

You won't know if you can tender or not until you are actually there.

• 5 months later...
We'll be on Conquest in 34 days. Any tips or anything we should know before we board?

Thanks,

Malisa

Go with an open mind. In my opinion, and only IMO, I feel glad that I was not expecting a ship that resembled our others in the way of "beautiful" (lobby area). I'm sure that there are PLENTY of people who would disagree with me, that's fine. I have cruised on the Conquest twice and had a FABULOUS time, can't remember ANYTHING I would have complaint about, or even done differently. Enjoy your cruise, I feel confident that you will!

We absolutely loved the Sur Mer (fish and chips and other seafood). Not sure if it's still there but if it is make sure you go in the first couple of days before everyone else finds out about it.

My hubby "heard" that the least favorite cabins are in the front of the ship because of the most motion (seasickness). I'm looking at getting cabins on the Panorama deck because of the proximity to the pool, buffet, slide, etc.

Since the only Panorama rooms are on the front of the ship, he's hesitant; besides the fact that it's on the 10th deck, he thinks those cabins are going to feel the most motion.

I'd rather not have to go to the bottom of the ship - Riveria or Main - because it's the place that feels the least motion; its also the farthest from the pool, buffet, etc.

Besides we have no idea if anyone in our family is seasick prone or if the weather will be bad....

Our potential cruise date is December 2 - 7 night Eastern Caribbean out of New Orleans. Hurricane Season will be over.

Your thoughts?

My hubby "heard" that the least favorite cabins are in the front of the ship because of the most motion (seasickness). I'm looking at getting cabins on the Panorama deck because of the proximity to the pool, buffet, slide, etc.

Since the only Panorama rooms are on the front of the ship, he's hesitant; besides the fact that it's on the 10th deck, he thinks those cabins are going to feel the most motion.

I'd rather not have to go to the bottom of the ship - Riveria or Main - because it's the place that feels the least motion; its also the farthest from the pool, buffet, etc.

Besides we have no idea if anyone in our family is seasick prone or if the weather will be bad....

Our potential cruise date is December 2 - 7 night Eastern Caribbean out of New Orleans. Hurricane Season will be over.

Your thoughts?

We have been in balcony cabins on deck 9 near the elevators and did not notice any more motion than usual. Maybe if you were all the way forward you would feel more motion there. Easy access to most everything being near the elevators. We would book there again

• 1 month later...
I am going on the Conquest in October, and am always looking for information about the Conquest so I am loving this thread.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

We are also going the 7-14th in October. Is this your date? If so come join our roll call. We would love to have you . We lived in Davenport ,Iowa for several years. We loved Wisconsin. We had really good BBQ in Madison. We now live outside of Memphis. So I can tell you it was good BBQ.:D

A friend and I are booked on the Conquest for September to Jamaica, Cayman Islands and Cozumel. We splurged and got an Ocean Suite.

How are the Ocean Suites on the Conquest?

Which Date are you sailing in September? I'll be on the September 23 cruise.

We are sailing on the September 9th cruise.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

We are sailing on Sept 9th too...can't wait! We have never sailed on Conquest, but our first cruise was on her sister ship the Glory, so hopefully we can find our way around - we loved the Glory :)

Michelle

We are also going the 7-14th in October. Is this your date? If so come join our roll call. We would love to have you . We lived in Davenport ,Iowa for several years. We loved Wisconsin. We had really good BBQ in Madison. We now live outside of Memphis. So I can tell you it was good BBQ.:D

I will be on the Conquest right after she has under gone her dry dock, 10/28/12 ... only 117 days left.

• 5 weeks later...

:confused:

anyone know if the conquest had ship upgrades since 2007? i was on out of galveston in '07, and will be on it again in april 2013.

also any info on belize and mahogany bay/roatan would be helpful.

thanks a bunch!

anyone know if the conquest had ship upgrades since 2007? i was on out of galveston in '07, and will be on it again in april 2013.

thanks a bunch!

I believe she is getting upgrades this November. I sail her in Jan and she should have the upgrades by then. She is getting the 2.0

LIVE LIFE IN FLIP FLOPS!!

Sara

thanks a bunch!

They are getting the fun ship 2.0 upgrades in October. First cruise after upgrades is Oct. 28th.